View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #7
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

From old Post.
Had a great time. Finally got to meet Mrs. Mista. Neil brought ribs and I studied his technique. As for the rice it is a recipe my mom learned in the Philippines where I was born. The original recipe is a fried rice here is the ingredients for hers.

2 cups rice cooked
1lb. bacon cooked and chopped
1 bell pepper diced
5 or so diced green onions
4 eggs
1 whole garlic minced
soy sauce

Add bell pepper, garlic, onion, and saute in a little of bacon grease. Not too long or peppers get mushy. Add eggs, bacon and stir to scramble eggs. Add some soy sauce and rice. cook and stir as adding soy sauce to taste. I like more soy in mine.

I never watched my mom make it but learned from my sister. I put a twist on it as I began doing Q. When i fire up my smoker I cook the bacon in heavy smoke. Instead of bell peppers I started using 6-8 cored japs. This came to me because I always buy extra when cookin ABT's.

We ate this rice a lot growing up and as we left the house it was a treat when we came to visit. My mom always pulled me aside and said she made it special for just me. Little did I know she told my brothers the same. We always went home with a country crock, or cool whip container full (never returned her tupperware). Never found a person who did not like it. I have some trimmings from ribs I smoked I plan on using next time i thaw them out.

Thirdeye's twist
Here is his mom's recipe and his comments. My couple of changes are in RED.

"As for the rice it is a recipe my mom learned in the Philippines where I was born. The original recipe is a fried rice here is the ingredients for hers".

2 cups rice cooked (I used Basmati rice & added 2 chopped green onions to the rice as it cooked for more onion flavor. I left it a little wet)
1lb. bacon cooked and chopped
1 bell pepper diced
5 or so diced green onions (used 4 green onions here)
4 eggs
1 whole garlic minced
soy sauce (added at the table)

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote