• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Why use a warming box

U

ulikadawgs

I always hear about people using a warming box and I have seen them on many smokers but I don't really know why people use them. What is the temp in the warming box? Is it used just to keep the meat out of the smoke?

You can use the warming box instead of a dry cooler. I have used mine and I kept it at about 110*f. It worked well.

warmer boxes

They can be used to keep or bake your beans, corn on the cob, keep meat warm or many other uses.

On the Langs (and I would imagine on the others as well) the warming box can get just as hot as the main smoker. I've had 9 butts smoking in the warming box.

I use mine a lot to sever out of so I can keep cooking without fanning the smoker mine hold about 150 works out nice to hold food and keep it warm

If you sell bbq you can hold it at a temperature as required by law. They are usually found on larger rigs used to cook for the public. Don't despair though i'm sure one can be engineered for your Smokey Joe. :razz:

They're quite versatile if you get one that's well designed. Here's the one that I'm having built on to my pit by Lone Star Grillz. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGhSn4UkQ_k"]lone star grillz warmer box 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Back