DFW gathering Saturday...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This will probably be banished to Brethren Bash Hell, but I'm a farking rebel, so I am posting this in Q-Talk -- because Texas bashes need all the farking help they can get.

Basically, we want to meet and eat at either Hard 8 in Coppell, or Three Stacks in Frisco, on Saturday, April 20.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158293

I am good for either location. We can do one place this week, and the other several years later when we get our chit together for another farking DFW gathering.

So, the question at hand for the DFW brethren is, what do you want to do THIS Saturday, and more important, will you farking show up this Saturday.

CD

i'm there, good with either location. Thanks CD for posting this.

Okay, executive decision. Frognot and I are near Three Stacks, and Cloudsmoker is in Dallas, which is closer to Frisco than Fort Worth.

So, how about Three Stacks at 11:30 Saturday.

CD

Holy Carp, three Texan Brethren are going to gather!

Actually it's going be four of us, my son will also be joining us. C'mon down! i'll buy yer lunch!

i see Cloudsmoker has a Michigan blue Thermapen. To celebrate Founders Brewery of Michigan sending their fine brews to The Lone Star State this month, i'll bring some Breakfast Stout for all Brethren attending.

It may actually be six people, although two will be from Loozianna.

I'm happy to eat BBQ with three other brethren, so even if Toast and his better half don't make it, we will have a good time.

I'll try to get there early. I will wear a purple polo shirt, just in case my white fur and longs nose don't tip you off. :becky:

CD

BOLO for purple polo. I'll be wearing a green Team Chambers Holy Smoked BBQ t-shirt.

We had a real good lunch at Three Stacks today. Attending were caseydog, Cloudsmoker (Steve), my son, Brian, & myself. Meats tried were brisket, pork & beef ribs, sausage & ABTs (stuffed with chopped brisket). My rankings were pork ribs, brisket & sausage but all were good. It was fun meeting CD & Steve and we're definitely doing another get-together soon (probably Hard 8 in Coppell). I have no pictures to share (but Casey looks just like his avatar but taller than i expected). Here's an article that has better pictures than i would've taken (if pictures had been taken but they weren't)

http://texasbbqposse.blogspot.com/2013/02/first-trip-to-3-stacks-smoke-tap-house.html

Wait...

People from the DFW area actually got together???

fainting.gif

Sorry I missed it. The weather today was perfect to plow and sow the fields for the summer crops. :p How did you rate 3 Stacks?

Yes, Ronelle, we actually had a mini-bash.

While eating some pretty darned good que, we laid the foundation for the Texas Mega Bash, which is just around the corner.

As for the food, the brisket was moist and tender, but not the best I've ever had. I'll eat it again. The pork ribs were very tasty, and cooked to the proper doneness. The Jalapeño sausage was very tasty. The baked potato casserole was farking awesome.

We got to meet the owner. I know his father, and knew his mother, so it was nice to meet him.

The place is also a tap house, so the beer was good, too.

I left the mini-bash STUFFED.

CD

Sorry I missed it. The weather today was perfect to plow and sow the fields for the summer crops. :p How did you rate 3 Stacks?

Just covered that. I'll go back, for sure. Good que plus a huge selection of craft beers on tap -- it's a perfect combination.

CD

CaseyDog - thanks again for putting this together. Great meeting Frognot and Brian.

If we could get a few more slackards to venture out, maybe we'll even try cooking with real fire one of these days.

Wish we could have made it to try the 'new' place. Next time!

Back