• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

LOL .98 cent/lb Briskets.. HEB

THx for the heads up! I wonder if they will be doing that here in Austin I have 4 of them 10 min from me each way.

awwee ya! cant wait till tmr to pick some up...wasnt planning for a brisket soon, but heck, at this price...im firing up one this week!

Could you put one off to the side for me? I will be in Houston in 2 weeks on business. Brisket are $5+ per pound up when when you can even find them.:sad:

Thanks for the heads up. I have three HEBs in my vicinity including the first super store outside of Katy. I'll check out the one by my office at lunch. I was planning on going to Sam's to get one for Easter, but at that price, I'm there.

Good for you guys. We need to see pictures of guys with their pickup beds FULL of brisket :twisted:

Here is the new flyer from my AO. Limit 1 with additional $20 purchase.

http://heb.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?drpStoreID=563

Well, that takes some of the fun out of it and limits me from driving to too many stores. Normally its a $10 additional purchase. Now, I'll have to make a grocery list...

If you don't smoke your own, look at all the free stuff this weekend if you purchase one of theirs!

Last edited:
Here is the new flyer from my AO. Limit 1 with additional $20 purchase.

http://heb.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?drpStoreID=563

Well, that takes some of the fun out of it and limits me from driving to too many stores. Normally its a $10 additional purchase. Now, I'll have to make a grocery list...

If you don't smoke your own, look at all the free stuff this weekend if you purchase one of theirs!

Here, I'll help ya with yer $20 shopping list:
Two 12's of Shiner.

Yer Welcome... :clap:

Thanks for the heads up, I'm headed to the HEB right now. I have a comp this weekend and was contemplating selling my stash of aluminum cans to buy the damn brisket.

Thanks again!

WOW

I think this kind of thing only happens in Texas!!!

In Michigan, you have to look hi and lo just to find any, unless you know where to look!!

Unfortunately not ALL of Texas. I looked as far south as Waco, and brisket isn't one of the advertised deals.:doh:

Just got back from a coffee break HEB run. Got a 10.1 pound packer with a very good meat end and very little hard fat, along with two 5 pound roasters at $0.88 per pound and three racks of SL spares. Unfortunately, the ribs were $2.97 per, but ended up with $51 worth of meat to feed the crowd this Sunday. Also picked up two 20# bags of KBB at Home Depot for $19.79. Now all I need to do is locate some pecan to feed the offset.

Just got back from a coffee break HEB run. Got a 10.1 pound packer with a very good meat end and very little hard fat, along with two 5 pound roasters at $0.88 per pound and three racks of SL spares. Unfortunately, the ribs were $2.97 per, but ended up with $51 worth of meat to feed the crowd this Sunday. Also picked up two 20# bags of KBB at Home Depot for $19.79. Now all I need to do is locate some pecan to feed the offset.

Don't know if you get out toward Jersey Village but I was going to purchase some here. I've never used them so can't vouch for the product.

http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/3660110717.html

Don't know if you get out toward Jersey Village but I was going to purchase some here. I've never used them so can't vouch for the product.

I have been by that guy's place a number of times, but it's kind of on the other side of town from me (Katy area). Fortunately, my church men's group keeps a couple of cords of dry and a couple of green out back by our big ol' brick smoker so if I run low I can go pluck a few sticks there. Out here in the wilds of western Fort Bend County we get more wood than we can handle donated every time there is a thunderstorm. Last Labor Day just before our annual brisket sale, one guy showed up with a trailer and a pickup bed full of pre-split pecan logs. Lately I have been buying bags of splits from Academy for about $10 that will usually get me through a cook unless I'm doing brisket, which takes two bags on my big offset.

BTW, Ranger, it looks like you guys compete around my area. I would like to know when you are cooking so I could come observe if y'all don't mind a little gawking.

Back