Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Sam's Club Nationals

no there wasn't. but certainly implied there was an unfair advantage to them as well as a disrespect to them as such. moreover a complete gloss over of the great teams that CAN compete across the country and win and win big.

there's a talent and skill, some have it across the board some not.

no there wasn't. but certainly implied there was an unfair advantage to them as well as a disrespect to them as such. moreover a complete gloss over of the great teams that CAN compete across the country and win and win big.

No...it was not implied but stated very clearly.....there is an advantage in many situations.

Enough said from here.....it is like pounding one's chest and declaring the best of all times. It will always be subjective.

A midwest boy here, and I've cooked against these teams, and have drank with a few of them also. All great cooks in their own right and deserve their spot in the light. Some, two in particular, travel all around the country and cook. They are consistent and score well. I understand the point about this hobby as being a crap shoot at the judging table but we can't discredit consistent winners. For the most part if you are consistently in or close to the top ten, (not me :doh: yet), then you are a good cooking team. I had a chance to meet a judge from California at a rib contest this summer and we spoke about this subject. i asked about regionality and his comment was; all judges first looked for correctly cooked meat, (tenderness) that tastes like the product it is suppose to be. Pork tastes like pork and Brisket like brisket, and then worry about the flavor profile, hopefully you get the point.

Great job midwest teams!!! Way to represent!!!

Anyone that would argue that the outcome of this contest would have been the same if the contest were held in Rhode Island...

Our chicken did better in Bentonville :becky:

Actually, our 681 would have been a GC in every contest we cooked in this year, except for Fryeburg, ME. These were the top 50 out of the around 750 teams that entered the Sam's Club series. It was a damn difficult field to compete against, but we had a great time and will try it again next year.

Our chicken did better in Bentonville :becky:

You guys did great! Especially with the Sizzling cook-off so congrats!

We had a great time as well and enjoyed cooking with such a good field of competitors. As for our chicken, of all times in the past TWO years....we did not have bite through skin and why it had to be THIS contest is beyond me. Still scratching our heads over that one. Perhaps the Smart Chicken has run its course......

As for ribs....they were a joke and the only 2 surprises there was they were not DAL and that Trigg was next to last....

Back