• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Enjoying another smoke

campdude

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Today I decided to try a variation of something I saw on a cooking show. I figured I'd use this cook as my "Local Yokels" TD entry. Went out and picked a bunch of peppers and some tomatoes this morn. The Mrs and I are members of a CSA (community supported agriculture) program and get a box of organic fruits and veges every other Friday. I pulled out an onion, some garlic, and corn on the cob to add to the mix. The meat is a london broil. I mixed up a potato filling ( potato, cheddar, sour cream, and butter) for the ABT's. I used some Big Ron's Original Rub in the filling and on the bacon. I rubbed up the london broil with Big Ron's also. Just put the meat in the Bandera at 240*. Here's some teaser pron. I'll post more as the cook goes on.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Pulled the meat off at about 145*. I did a very fast reverse sear. I didn't want to cook too much more at this point. Will finish and post more pron in a bit.

Last edited:
Finished Pron

I let the meat rest and cool for a while. I chopped up the veges and grilled them up, and then added the thinly sliced meat to them. When the meat was heated through I put some provalone cheese on top. When it was melted I filled up a couple of rolls and plated with french fries, the corn, and some ABT's. I finished it off with my new fav hot sauce, Gindo's Spice of Life. Another local product. Hope your Sunday was as nice as mine. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Looks great to me! Glad to see the rub getting used. Enjoy!

Looks great! I've thought about checking out that CSA thing. Sounds cool.

Back