Photo gallery: Smokers - uds - grills - modifications

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
PHOTO GALLERY: SMOKER - UDS - GRILL - MODIFICATIONS
Thought it would be fun to build a photo gallery of the different ways that people make BBQ things work better.
Please share photos of your modifications that made something a little better than it was before. Others can look and get ideas from your work or create new ones. It can be anything that makes the BBQ experience easier or better. I know there are some very talented people and some that are still learning and trying hard. Doesn’t matter, if you made it yourself or had someone make it for you, just post it and share it with the others. There is always someone with a better idea. Don’t have to say anything. Just post a photo. A picture can be worth a thousand words.
When I was a kid, I would see my dad working on something and I would ask him what he was doing. He would say “Trying to make something out of nothing”. I think I got a little bit of that from him. I think that’s part of the reason I liked building the UDS and fixing up the old offset smoker.
Post some of your pictures a let’s see your BBQ mod’s.

SmokerMods1037.jpg

Charcoal basket from an old trash can

SmokerMods1035.jpg

Char-Broil restrictor plate & 1/4" steel defusser plate

036.jpg

Restored Char-Broil smoker, cedar wood shelf, wheels, paint, handles, thermometers

IMG_3508.jpg

UDS, salvaged Char-Broil gasser shelf, wind proof paper towel holder

IMG_3502.jpg

UDS papertowel holder design

IMG_3482.jpg

UDS charcoal basket (weber grate & pencil rod), plow disk ash pan

IMG_3346.jpg

Performer paper towel holder

IMG_3413.jpg

Performer paper towel wind proof bar

IMG_3342.jpg

Performer paper towel holder design

IMG_3460.jpg

Performer thermometer probe port

IMG_3408.jpg

Performer extra hooks that fit smaller tools

Img_3310.jpg

Char-Broil grease drain valve

IMG_3243.jpg

Char-Broil tool hooks
Thanks for looking.

I custom built this Vertical smoker and I used a harrow plate from a tractor as a defusser plate. Pappy also got the shelf for me from an old grill a guy we work with was throughing away. We also salvaged the wheels from a local scrap yard. I am getting ready to start a UDS build and I am throughing around the idea of using the bottom for a lid. I bought an old weber and it has 3 dampers on the bottom and I think it would be great as a lid.

309695_183959468340718_100001799981547_425607_8140594_n.jpg

Back