Frog legs

pci

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I picked up some frog legs this morning. Anyone have a good recipe? Do I cook direct or indirect does 350 sound good for heat? Are they like chicken legs & cook to 180?
Thanks
Dick

Were they fresh legs. I know a long time ago when we had fresh ones we would put them into a bowl of cold water and add about 2 Tablespoons of salt. Been so long I cannot remember how long we left them in the brine.

Looking forward to how they come out for you.

One of the local grocery store has them fresh. I forget the price, but was surprised to see them.

We get them from the Chineese. they keep them live in a tank and when you order them they take them out and smack them with the flat side of a cleaver. Then they skin them and clean them with amazing speed.

Try them the Italian way. Great with potatoes or pasta.

DSC04805.jpg

DSC04806.jpg

I've had them breaded and fried like chicken, broiled, grilled and at a restaurant in a pasta vegetable medley.

I'm sure it's just me but I could not eat them when they were naked.

Breaded and fried like chicken is the only way for me. Same goes for mountain oysters.

MMMMM,...nothing like a mouth full of big ole mountain oysters.

I did some last winter that I breaded and deep fried like chicken wings and in a moment of alcohol fueled greatness.... tossed them in butter and frank's redhot.... Buffalo frogs were pretty great and made a blue cheese dressing to go on the side. Great, now I just made myself hungry.

Frog legs are best fried. Also i have found that if you freeze them first it will take some of the gamey taste out.

Im gonna say frogs legs are best broiled in a cast iron pan with garlic butter white wine and fresh rosemary. Sorta like the french do escargot. When sizzeling hot squeeze with lemon. and bring to the table.

For my taste fried is ok, if not a little 'yawn'.

Back