• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoker/Trailer question

Dex

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Looking to maybe get another trailer with a ramp door. I would like to put jacks under the door, and then just roll my Backwoods Competitor and grill out on the door.

Do any of you do this with your smoker? Does it work ok, and do you have any pictures you could share?

Thanks

Big question would be is your door strong enough for it. Some trailers have doors that are made to be driven on, some not. If yours is made to be driven on or is heavy duty then I don't see why it would not work for you.

Last edited:
Dex,
That is what we are doing..our door is rated for a car so it will be enough. I'll email you some pics when we set it up.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dex
Depending on the model of the trailer and what the ramp is make to support, I'd think about running a 4x4 across the jacks to distribute the weight across the ramp rather than just at the jacks.

Thanks for the input guys. While browsing the internet looking for ideas, I came across this picture. This is basically what I was wanting to achieve. I would would probably put 4 jacks under it to help with support.

cookers.png

Back