Brisket Drizzle

jetfxr27

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Whats best? I have seen people drizzle a sauce over the sliced flat. Any suggestions, I feel mine could use a small kick of something. Nothin sweet though, which is all I have.

5199823193_64cef4b7fd_z.jpg

X's 2.

Plain with the juice from the cook works for me too!

John

it was awesome. Unfortunately no juice from the cook. Direct heat no pan.
Doing leftovers tonight and would like a small tangy touch of sauce to go over it.
Just not sure what flavor profile matches it best.

Some reduced beef broth. Dash of Sweet Baby Rays... tang it up with a dash of Malt Vinegar.

Awesome, exactly what my tounge was tryin to create. A lil tang, some sweet and beefy. Love it. :thumb::thumb:

if needed i just put some sauce on the side to dip in. rarely used though.

Mainly for those bites you don't happen to get much bark. If there is a small amount of tangy sauce somewhere it would be nice.

Next time, instead of broth, try beef consumme or stock. I like to make my own beef stock (the store stuff tastes like water). the consumme you buy has gelatin in it and a little more flavor.

I also buy beef stock on line from soupbase and keep it in the fridge for a base.

I'm not a fan of any sauce at all, unless of course it really needs it. I like to taste the meat and flavors from the smoking/cooking process first.

Back