My first Bacon Weave

MOS95B

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score

That's a full pound of bacon. Inside it is a pound of hamburger, abiout a half pound of home made chorizo (from Kevin), and some parmesian and asiago cheese. Done roulade style and being smoked over a combo of hickory and maple

So, it's going to be kind of a smoked roulade meatloaf thingy.

Great looking bacon weave! :thumb:

About an hour in

Bacon is looking good, but still soft

Another hour and a half, bacon still won't crisp up, so a light glaze with watered down Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy

And a quick probe for done-ness

Finished, sliced, and ready to nom...

Apparently the flavors really varied from one slice to the next. The Missus said it was really spicey. I thought it tasted kind of sweet from the maple and sauce/glaze.

Either way, I have a base recipe, ready to tweak. Needs a different cheese, The Missus suggested provolone (she said the parmesian/asiago was a bit much). I''m also thinking, instead of chorizo, which can taste kind of "dry", maybe some bratwurst meat instead...

well you might not have the flavor profile dialed in yet but the presentation rocks.

Looks GREAT!

My first Bacon Weave looked like it needed medical attention!

That is a thing of beauty!

Thanks, all, for the encouragement. This is definitely gonna go into the "I wanna smoke something, but feed only 2" pile.

The leftovers I will have for lunch today will assis me in the tweaking of the flavors...

Back