• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Would like to observe/help-Detroit area

toadhunter911

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Curious how the competition circuit works, and would like to observe/help at one or two comps. E-mail or PM if interested.

I'm also a pretty fair photographer and could provide some pics for promotional purposes...

Maybe MIS in June or Auburn Hills will work for you. There shoule be some MI teams at those. How far do you want todrive and do you want to take Friday off?

Maybe MIS in June or Auburn Hills will work for you. There shoule be some MI teams at those. How far do you want todrive and do you want to take Friday off?

Distance don't matter, and I'm on a retirement disability, so taking off Friday is OK.

Distance don't matter, and I'm on a retirement disability, so taking off Friday is OK.
The KCBS site lets you search by State. There are lots of comps in MI. Then you wait until closer to the comps and post to help out at a specific comp or watch and see if anybody posts asking for help in the competition forum. Probably want to start asking about a month ahead.

Also you can jsut show up at some comps and talk with people. You don't need to be hands on to talk with folks. Lots to learn that way.

I sometimes need a runner but this year I won't be signing up for many comps until the last minute as vending comes first. Now if you're fit and don't mind working 12 hours a day for a couple of days I do hire casual labor for some vending events. PM me if interested.

The MIS comp has been moved to the August date per the Smoke on The Water website... We are always open for new blood. Be ready to make turn in boxes!!

The MIS comp has been moved to the August date per the Smoke on The Water website... We are always open for new blood. Be ready to make turn in boxes!!

I might be looking for an internship at Auburn Hills but I was hoping to get the job to keep the chicken cook awake. :cool:

Back