What is your favorite

cdollar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
sausage to cook on the smoker and why?

I love sausage, it may be my favorite meat to BBQ and I was wondering what y'all like best.

I'm not talking breakfast sausage here, but stuff like brats, polish, boudin, kielbasa, etc.

Do you like to start with uncooked sausage or cooked? Do you season before cooking or put sauce on it? If so, while it's cooking or after?

Fess up now, I'd like some new sausage recipes and tricks to try.

Does anyone make their own?

Chuck

I like the chicken whatever sausages you can get at Costlyco. They have a couple of different brands with combinations like jalapeno-mango, gruyere-garlic, and other goodies. I think they are all pre-cooked, and I generally just let them sit on the grill (indirect is better than direct) and take them off when they are just about to burst apart (no forks allowed when removing). Combine them with some good old onions and peppers and they go with just about anything...

IMG_1301.JPG

Had some venision onion sausage from a friend which was the best tasting I have ever had....want more just thinking about it.

I like the chicken whatever sausages you can get at Costlyco. They have a couple of different brands with combinations like jalapeno-mango, gruyere-garlic, and other goodies. I think they are all pre-cooked, and I generally just let them sit on the grill (indirect is better than direct) and take them off when they are just about to burst apart (no forks allowed when removing). Combine them with some good old onions and peppers and they go with just about anything...

That looks good. Are those like the Asiago spinach sausage that Sam's sells?
We don't have a Costco here.:mad:
Chuck

Had some venision onion sausage from a friend which was the best tasting I have ever had....want more just thinking about it.

I had some venison summer sausage a while back that was awesome. I need to shoot one of the deer that hang out in my back yard and have some more made.

Chuck

Attachments

• P1010055.jpg
    P1010055.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 198
I like Hillshire Farms beef sausage. That's my go-to quick meal. A hunk of that on white bread and maybe a slice of tomato. mm-mm

sausage has never really been my favorite.
Since finding this site and discovering the Fatty...plain old Jimmy Dean rolled up into a Fatty with whatever filling is available is my favorite.

I do a mixed grill with chicken pieces and hot Italian sausage. Sausage is cooked first and then on the grill just before the chicken is done - recipe calls for a homemade sauce pretty heavy with seasoned pepper. Very tasty.

I need to shoot one of the deer that hang out in my back yard and have some more made.

Chuck

Damn Chuck, thats a big farking squirrel!

We have tons of fresh ethnic sausage here in Chicagoland.

Within minutes from my house I have access to fresh Italian from Caputo's, Bratwurst from The Wurst Kitchen, and had Polish from Bobak's.

I usually make my own (that way I know what's in it!). My favorites are andouille and Greek, which has ripe olives and feta cheese in it. I start with uncooked sausage and smoke it for a couple hours.

I usually make my own (that way I know what's in it!). My favorites are andouille and Greek, which has ripe olives and feta cheese in it. I start with uncooked sausage and smoke it for a couple hours.

That sounds awesome! I change my response..Cuz I'm sure if I'd ever tasted that it would be my favorite.

Within minutes from my house I have access to fresh Italian from Caputo's, Bratwurst from The Wurst Kitchen, and had Polish from Bobak's.[/QUOTE]

You broght tears to my eyes. I miss chicago food. Best I can get here is Johnsonvilles.

Nothing better the brats boiled in beer and onions then slightly browned on the grill. Add brown mustard and sauerkraut it's Oktoberfest.

+1 on the Andouille. I like to smoke it a couple hours and have it with some red beans and rice.

The Greek sounds good to me. I'll have to try it. What wood do you smoke it with?

Chuck

I really like smoked cheddar cheese sausage. It just kind of reminds me of being a kid at family bbq's. I like it nice a little charred. But I'm also very fond of fatties now too!

Back