Cold weather cook

swinn

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Who would have thought that keeping my temp down would be a problem today. It's w
30 degrees out and my bandera is wanting to run at 350. I am smoking a brisket for Christmas and i want to run around 275. Had to add water to the pan to keep the temp down. I love a Challenge.
Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Same here my uds is running high to, and its 18 here I'm really impressed. I got 2 butts & a turkey going

It amazes me how such a simple design like the UDS can actually perform so well. Even in cold temps the thin steel is good enough to hold a good temp (or this case too good). I just did three salmon filets yesterday on a beautiful, sunny day in MN with 8 degrees outside and had to battle to keep the temps below 200.

Same here my uds is running high to, and its 18 here I'm really impressed. I got 2 butts & a turkey going
Ha ha, it was colder here. I win. :biggrin1:

I am getting several giftcards for Christmas to Lowe's. My Christmas request was to let me build a UDS. She has told every one who asks to get me gift cards to Lowe's so I can get all the parts and I have a barrel already lined up to go get. i am exited to get this build going. The UDS is a real mizer with fuel compared to the Bandera which is killing me with charcoal and wood costs.:blabla:

I am getting several giftcards for Christmas to Lowe's. My Christmas request was to let me build a UDS. She has told every one who asks to get me gift cards to Lowe's so I can get all the parts and I have a barrel already lined up to go get. i am exited to get this build going. The UDS is a real mizer with fuel compared to the Bandera which is killing me with charcoal and wood costs.:blabla:

Try this when you make your UDS to really save on fuel costs:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112518

Now I need to see how much Pipe I need for the nipples and a pipe going up the side to the ball valve. I have a plumber friend who is going to give tit too me.

Back