• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Que for the Troops

S

smokend

Hi everyone Tom from Smoken Dudes BBQ here, I'm new to this forum as far as posting goes that is why it took so long for me to respond. First of all I want to thank Jerry and Linda for helping me to organize and run our first annual Que for the Troops contest. Except for the two weeks of preceeding rain that changed our team layout from the beautiful park setting to the parking lot everything else went pretty well. We had a few issues with signage and parking that will be addressed before next year. I read in this forum about someone having an issue with the judging tent being open on Saturday's extra catagories and I would like to set this issue straight. It was brought to my attention the next morning not that evening and Jerry and Linda were not told about it at all. I was in the judging tent that evening as an observer to make sure everything was ok and I can tell you the only reason the flap was open was for air circulation. I'm sorry that the team member felt that he was being watched but that was indeed not the case and if he would have said something at the time I would have definetly closed the flap. Just to let you know how hot it was between Saturday night and Sunday the judges and table captians went thru ten cases of water. Next year I will have fans in the tent. On another note I want you guys to know that we raised over 20 thousand dollars for the troops and that woud not have been possible without the teams and judges so all I can say is THANK YOU and I hope to see you all next year

Last edited:
Congratulations Tom, glad the Comp went well overall and it sounds like you guys raised a ton of money for the troops. I work with a lot of Vets, the troops need all the help we can give them. Anybody post results here yet? I wanted to see how our buddy Paul did.

I have to say...Tommy put on a 1st class comp. I dont think any thing I asked for was not provided....The awards were AWESOME!!!! even though I had a bad cook ..I can say Ill be back next year to try and get one of thouse awesome trophies!!!

thank you Brethren and Smoken Dudes for a 1st rate comp!

congrats too all who walked!!!

It was a nice event - well run and administered. Were the payouts ever published?

It was a Great event. Congrats to all who walked. Had a really good time doing this with Mike from Slamdunkpro

Congrats on the event! I saw some nice newspaper coverage

Back