Noob Question on meat inspection

P

patkline9999

I'm competing for the first time at the Salisbury Md. Pork in the Park contest and my questions are regarding the meat inspection.

Do they come to your area and inspect your meat or do you carry a cooler to the inspectors?

Also, is there a particular time that the inspections start on Friday ?

Thanks for helping me out !

In the couple of comps that I have competed in the meat inspectors came to my site. Most of the time the event will list what time the inspections start and end. But if I had to guess, the inspections usually start around 9am and end around 6pm. Best of luck and have fun!

i'm competing for the first time at the salisbury md. Pork in the park contest and my questions are regarding the meat inspection.

Do they come to your area and inspect your meat or do you carry a cooler to the inspectors?

Also, is there a particular time that the inspections start on friday ?

Thanks for helping me out !
emailthe rep

Mostly they will come to you because they want to ensure at the same time that you have the proper sanitization equipment, fire extingisher etc.

At Pork in the Park, they will give you a ribbon when you arrive. When you're ready for meat inspection you display the ribbon somewhere visible at your cook site. Don't forget a fire extinguisher, a meat thermometer and food handling gloves, they will most likely look for those things. After you've been inspected (at your site) the inspector will give you a different color ribbon to display, indicating that you have passed inspection.

I'll be there displaying The Brethren Banner proudly. Stop by and visit.

I think Sandy said she was going to be there around 5am on Friday. Last year we got there at 8am and I'm glad we did. It's a big comp! Meat inspectors came around pretty early from what I remember and they also gave out turn-in boxes at the same time.

Back