One brisket - 2 smokers?

hope mine that I am starting tonight for a party tomorrow turns out like that. I think I am going to do it in the UDS. my dad wants me to cook him a fatty, so I need more room tonight.

Bob....par for YOUR course....BEAUTIFUL!!....so what temp in Klose till what Internal temp.....and how long in Keg at what temp??.....I think this might be an approach to be taken for my first one.......

Bob....par for YOUR course....BEAUTIFUL!!....so what temp in Klose till what Internal temp.....and how long in Keg at what temp??.....I think this might be an approach to be taken for my first one.......

The idea was based on a low and slow approach

The Klose was around 225-250 for four hours burning white oak/apple.
The WSM was 225-250 for seven hours burning Kingsford (blue bag).

Did not rely on a finished internal temp... that will not give you the optimum results. Brisket is naturally a tough piece of meat. Somewhere between 185 - 205 internal; the fibers begin to tender up and is fork (probe) tender... and that's how it reveals when its done... cook until tender. It took me a long time to figure that out - (not the probe suggestion) but finding when to pull off. Brisket is tough when not cooked long enough - and will turn to a crumbling mush when cooked too long.

Some folks get it right off the bat. Not me. Brisket was not a positive experience... was downright miserable.
Took me a few years to get the consistency starting with the basics.

Last edited:
I really get a kick out of how we all (me included) can really complicate cooking a slab of meat. Is there a AA type deal for us? Like a BBQA.
It does look great though.

Back