My Chicken Pot Pie!

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I smoked a ton of chicken a couple of weeks ago, pulled it and stuck it in the freezer. I wanted to something different to do with it so I asked in a thread for some chicken pot pie recipes. I got a couple and gave it my own little twist.

As I was getting the butter out of the fridge to saute the onions in I spied a little left over fatty. I decided that a couple of diced slices would go nice.

diced-fatty.jpg

One cup of diced onion, the fatty and 3/4 of a stick of butter cooking away in a pan.

fatty_onion_butter.jpg

After the onions were cooked I added a little over 1/4 cup of flour and cooked the roux for about 3 minutes. When that was a nice brown color I added 2.5 cups of chicken stock and 1/4 cup of milk. When that had thickened up nice I added 2 cups of smoked chicken, 2 cups of frozen veggies and 1 tablespoon of Todd's Dirt.

The filling then went into a larger crust filled ramekin.
filled-pie.jpg

Added a top crust.
top-crust.jpg

Here the pie is in the oven.
oven.jpg

Lots of good stuff in the pie.
whole-pie.jpg

And on the way to the mouth...
fork.jpg

THAT LOOKS FARKTASTIC!!!!:-D You out did yourself Brother!! Lokking dang good!

Outstanding.....looks great:biggrin:

Wow that looks good Larry.
I saw a thread recently with another great lookin pot pie. I gotta try one.

I never really thought of making my own pot pie. But I'd be damned now if I am not now.

That looks excellent. I knew the roux wouyld be better than the regular COC soup. And the crust I know is delicious. So far superior to the dry, bland, usually overcooked frozed cpp crust.

Damn good meal.

Unreal Larry, that looks sooo gooood, nice pics!
Good use of L/O's!

3/4 stick of butter
Fatty
Smoked chicken

How could it taste anything but great?:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

That looks very good Larry, I have thought of doing the same thing with the recipe I have for Pot Pie. Cause now I really am wanting some.

Larry I've always disliked pot pies... Yours looks great!!!! You just might have a pot pie convert here.

Looks fantastic Larry I know what I will be making with my left over chicken.

That is a great looking pot pie. It reminds me nothing at all of the 2@ $.99 I used to eat as a kid and college broke person.:p

Pot pie is one of my absolute favorites!!! This one looks outstanding. Job well done Sir.

Back