digital thermometer...AGAIN..

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I know its been posted... but here goes
What is a decent one to get, theres some on Amazon.com- Taylors or Pyrex,

Can someone point me in the right direction? I live in Hawaii and usually SHIPPING KILLS ME! A lot of times its more than the product itself

Call me lazy, but I like the Weber Digital Wireless with the beeper. Set the temp, insert the probe and wait for the remote beeper on your belt to go off.

I'm partial to the NuTemps. 3 wireless probes tranmit to the 1 base.

You are right about done before.
I am going to add this to my list of standard responses.

I own and use about 6-8 Taylors.
Have given about 10 more as gifts.
None of them has ever missed a beat except for one probe that died after a couple of years.
Basically bulletproof.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Therm...6252?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1178245575&sr=1-14

Can not speak for or against any other brand--just what I know about Taylors.

When they go under about $19.95 on Amazon, I consider them a "buy".
I have seen them as low as $7.95 and stocked up!

FWIW.

TIIM

Thanks everyone, the taylors are on Amazon right now for 14.99, plus 5.75 shipping,
I think I'm going for those.
Please keep info comming...

If there is a Target on the Island they carry the Taylor.

Brian

I also have some ACU RITE probes. $5 when I got them at Big Lots a couple years back. They have held up well and accurate. I just prefer to use the wireless feature of the Nu Temps.

Wrapping foil around where the probe and wire join will prolong probe life. It's the weaked point. I go ahead and foil the cable that will be in the smoker. Makes for easy cleanup.

i'll with thillin on this one. i like my Nu-temps .wireless and lots of probes to stick every where.. you can tell how hot your pit is. what the temp of your meats is and if your beer is still cold in the cooler.. all at the same time laying in bed..it doesn't get much better than that...that real Qing..

Bo,i'm not sure about the discount.. but i think when i got my stuff there was one. the guy i talk to was paul i think he was the owner just tell him what you want to do..there web site is www.nu-temp.com/
i have the nu-701 with 3 probe..

Thanx for the reply Hiloboy, I looked at the site and sure want one but it will have to wait a month or so. I just dropped 2 bills today on a new WSM on Amazon.com. Wife don't know yet but if I keep throwin those ABT's and fatties at her she ain't gonna complain much when she finds out.

I've got a Taylor single probe with remote. Been using it over a year with good results. Actually been watching for a good deal on another.

Scott

The Weber has been working fine for me but the multiple probes option that the Nu-Temps offer is something I would like to have.

I have the Nu-Temps also, and they work great. The only thing better is the Thermapen...

Thanx for the reply Hiloboy, I looked at the site and sure want one but it will have to wait a month or so. I just dropped 2 bills today on a new WSM on Amazon.com. Wife don't know yet but if I keep throwin those ABT's and fatties at her she ain't gonna complain much when she finds out.

i know how that is.. i'm bring toy home all the time. i'm always telling her "what i have had this old thing for years" i don't know if it works but it makes me feel good...

I have the Nu-Temps also, and they work great. The only thing better is the Thermapen...

i have a thermapen i really like it to..i use it when i bake bread or for stuff that i'm grilling.but for me i like to use the nu-temp for my low and slow cooks, because i don't like to open the pit alot when i'm cooking..mr. Bo i think you need them both....another toy to try get past you wife....

i know how that is.. i'm bring toy home all the time. i'm always telling her "what i have had this old thing for years" i don't know if it works but it makes me feel good...

Well she knows now and she's ok with it. I explained the problem with temps on an open bottom unit like we have been using. Went totaly over her head but she trusts me to do right. I think I made a real improvement over the Brinkman and the results will probably prove it.

Back