2nd SF Cook (lots o pics)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Did another cook on my SF. Pretty similar meat to the last one. No brisket this time and had some rib tips along with the ribs. Ran it about the same with the left side around 300 and this time the middle and right were about the same at 250. So maybe getting some seasoning on it is tuning it in differently. I like this temp difference because I can put the big meats on the hotter spot. And I actually put the wings there as well to get them crispier.

Cook went really well. Butts took about 7hrs again. Put them in pans and foiled after about 4hrs. I really love this smoker. Never thought I would have a stick burner and got lucky and won this one :-D. Now I can't imagine not having it :becky:. This cooker is awesome! Here are the pics........

Started it up around 7am

Fire rolling

Butts rubbed

Butts on. They look lonely all by themselves

Making slaw

Slaw mixed

Trimming wings

Did salt & pepper with some sriracha

Ribs on

Butts after 2-3hrs I think

Ribs crying because I told them they would never amount to anything in life :grin:

Beer shot

Wings on

Probably my favorite pic of the day. My buddy jack was helping me make some sticks a little smaller. This one kept getting away so I did the smart thing and held it for him :becky::thumb:

At the end the butts & ribs were in the warmer so I cranked the smoker to close to 400 to get the wings crispy and it worked

Pork done

Wings done

Pork pulled

Ribs sliced

Rib close up

Plated

Everything looks great! I like that you are using the different temps to your advantage.

Nice looking cook and weather. Makes me miss my pit with our current weather. Good work

Everything looks great! I like that you are using the different temps to your advantage.

Thanks. Yeah it works really well. I might mess around with lower temps, but this smoker has no problem running hot and fast.

Looks ridiculously good. Can we be invited next time? Congrats on winning the stick burner.

Awesome man!

Hopefully I find out some info this week so I can let Paul know when he can start my build, as it is temporarily on hold. Seeing these SF smokers in action is killing me!... But I like it!

Back