• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Food saver ?

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just cooked a 8.5 lb sirloin r5oast Plan to slice for sammies It is rare- took it off at 137 degrees. Any ideas on how to stop the juice sucked out of the meat/bag I know I can stop the process early just wondered if there was a better way to seal it

Just cooked a 8.5 lb sirloin r5oast Plan to slice for sammies It is rare- took it off at 137 degrees. Any ideas on how to stop the juice sucked out of the meat/bag I know I can stop the process early just wondered if there was a better way to seal it

put a folded paper towel in the bag just under the sealing area.

I you find a way please let me know - I spent most of last Wednesday night cleaning out mine from juice / drippings. :sick:

I'm not sure if you're planning on slicing it now or later, but you can always freeze it on a tray for a little while then vacusuck it. Or fold up a paper towel and put it between the meat and the sealer.

I've used my foodsaver to seal up chili before. What I do is pre-freeze like Fingerlickin mentioned, once it's fairly solid vacusuck away. Don't use a papertowel, you'll loose the juice (unless you plan to wring out the papertowel...nasty)

I've used my foodsaver to seal up chili before. What I do is pre-freeze like Fingerlickin mentioned, once it's fairly solid vacusuck away. Don't use a papertowel, you'll loose the juice (unless you plan to wring out the papertowel...nasty)

I have been using paper towels for years

it works perfectly fine. You dont lose the juice.

Chilling it overnight will help a lot.
I bag up all of our leftover BBQ at comps and since I don't have the option of chilling it and bag it while still hot and juicy, all I do is watch and as soon as the juice starts heading for the seal strip, I just hit the "SEAL" button to stop the vacuum. I may still have to wipe the top with a paper towel, but it helps keep most of the juices from getting all over the place.

They do have these LIQUID BLOCK BAGS that you can buy, but I think they're probably not much more than having the paper towel in the top of the bag. I've never done that because I haven't needed to and I don't want the paper towel in there when I reheat the bags. BUT....I ain't knocking it either.

Lol...freeze it first George. Easiest way:-D. And yes you can freeze the thighs too.

all I do is watch and as soon as the juice starts heading for the seal strip, I just hit the "SEAL" button to stop the vacuum. I may still have to wipe the top with a paper towel, but it helps keep most of the juices from getting all over the place.

+1. That's exactly what I do. Never had a problem that way.

Back