BuckBoard Bacon is the BOMB!

jhuyser

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my first try of making buckboard bacon. Would recommend everyone to give this a try. If you would like to try it check out the following links also big thanks to Yetidave and bbqgeekess..

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...=180166&page=4

96B188CC-962E-4FEF-AAF8-8193BA660790.jpg

FA6F31D6-6BDF-4F4F-9FCA-61BD13BDC4CD.jpg

VERY nice. I will have to give it a try.

Your link don't seem to work thou.

That looks so dang good! The quality of what you cooked looks like something out of a Charcuterie book.

Glad it turned out well for you! My brother said he had great success with it as well but he didn't take a picture. He has some more curing again.

I have some curing in the fridge right now and will be ready to smoke on Thursday.

You think that's good,try using jowls next time.

Pork butt for bacon is AMAZING -- blows away any pork belly bacon I've bought from the store. I like the relative leanness of the pork butt as well. I fry it in some peanut oil. I get more meat for my dollar.

Btw, I only spend $1.45/lb on pork butt.

I'll have to try jowl some time .. how much does it cost per pound? I am guessing it is fattier than pork butt .. don't know how fatty the jowl is compared to pork belly though. Never bought or cooked a jowl before.

Yup, link is broken. This looks like a cool method though; I've never tried it but looks like something to add to my bucket-b-q list.

I am guessing it is fattier than pork butt .. don't know how fatty the jowl is compared to pork belly though. Never bought or cooked a jowl before.
I would think the belly is fattier than the jowl. I know that the pork cheeks are an oddity because they are very lean yet incredibly moist; not sure if that carries over to the jowls though.

Canadian bacon is easy. I do it all the time. Bbb is next on my list. I have a shoulder in the freezer? Maybe that will work?

done bbb, cb, an i prefer c b.

Gonna try and persuade you with this photo of buckboard bacon frying up (lol) :

v5ddvl.jpg

Although I have never made Canadian bacon yet.. I want to soon! How do you cook your cured Canadian bacon? Do you fry it at all?

I ordered some supplies for curing. They should be here today. I can't farkin' wait. I'm planning on some bb and cb. These pics are makin' me hungry..

Back