WSM 14.5 Price

bstuk

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I just read this which mentions a suggested retail price of $219 USD for the WSM 14.5. I was really hoping it would be $199 or less. I am going to have to think twice now if I really need it.

If $20 makes you think...I agree...

If the difference between $200 and $220 shouldn't matter, what about $220 and $240? How about another $20 from the $240 and $260? Just another $20, right? If you'll go $260 without thinking, why not another $20 to $280?

Everyone has a line somewhere for what they think something is worth. OP's happens to be at $200. Once you cross the threshold of what you feel is "reasonable", I'd say you are right to take a step back and reconsider.

Weber 14.5

I'm just wondering if they are not late to the party. Seems as if majority of folks list a WSM Mini in their cooker line up.

I was hoping for it being closer to $150

You can't expect them to sell it for the same price as a kettle...

I guess it's easy for me to say, I got my 18.5 WSM used from a guy on my competition team for $200. I know he only practiced on it probably 10 times before I bought it, he went bigger :cool:

I already have what amounts to a virtual 22.5 WSM with a Performer table attached to boot. (CL performer plus the Cajun Bandit conversion kit) that cost me about 250 for both plus shipping for the CB. Then there's the Tamale Joe DIY option too. As much as I like the idea of the 14.5, I'm not sure if it will actually sell at 200 ~ 220 in the numbers Weber obviously hopes for. Most I think will be in the "Well, it's definitely CUTE, but..." camp.
Weber did pull this model from production once before, after all.

Last edited:
At $149 or less it probably would sell well, but at $199, not so sure. I have less than $100 in my mini and I have 3 damper vents in bottom just like wsm, charcoal ring (made from 10" bottomless ss cake pan), water pan, 2 grates, and grommets for the temp probes. Another $5 for a can of black spray paint and I have the new one.

At $149 or less it probably would sell well, but at $199, not so sure. I have less than $100 in my mini and I have 3 damper vents in bottom just like wsm, charcoal ring (made from 10" bottomless ss cake pan), water pan, 2 grates, and grommets for the temp probes. Another $5 for a can of black spray paint and I have the new one.
Where is you buy the damper vents?

If the difference between $200 and $220 shouldn't matter, what about $220 and $240? How about another $20 from the $240 and $260? Just another $20, right? If you'll go $260 without thinking, why not another $20 to $280?

Everyone has a line somewhere for what they think something is worth. OP's happens to be at $200. Once you cross the threshold of what you feel is "reasonable", I'd say you are right to take a step back and reconsider.

I agree...

I already think my 18.5" WSM is too small for my use and I paid $199 with free shipping from Amazon several years ago.

In the midst of making the mini wsm myself, so not really interested in this at any price. Just wish it was easier to find these damn tamale pots in Canada! :(

Anyone know of making an mini WSM but doing a PBC mod? That's my plan.

I already think my 18.5" WSM is too small for my use and I paid $199 with free shipping from Amazon several years ago.
I paid $279 for my 18 1/2" WSM a couple of years ago. The next year, I felt I needed more room so I bought a 22 1/2" WSM. Right now a 14 1/2" WSM isn't on my radar, at any price.

Back