Finding a drum

DirtyDeedz

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Greetings! I'm looking to build my 2nd UDS and was hoping someone in the Missouri area might be able to point me in the direction of an unlined food-grade drum? I'll even go with the tan liner...anything (besides paying $50+) to avoid the dreaded red.

My first build was the red. It took 2 super-hot burnouts, 8 hours of sanding, and 2 days of sneezing out black crap to realize I don't ever want to do that again. I don't have access to a sandblaster, but might invest in a weed burner if that makes a big difference.

Thanks all!

I buy new unlined heavy duty, three ribbed barrels to make mine.If you can only spend $50.00, I can't help. But if you want to spend more message me. Beats sanding and burning and I know what's been in them. Steve.

Consolidated Container in Kansas City MO right next door to Kemper Arena. Ask for Jim. Used, reconditioned unlined drums run about $25. Ask for Jim Noeth. Super nice guy and loves selling drums to BBQ folks!

2300 State Line Rd
Kansas City, KS
(913) 281-0477

Great advice about Consolidated. Just remember they are re- cons. meaning it's not known what was in them. Blasted and pretty decent lids. Used to use them too. Steve.

Thanks, all! If I go the consolidated route, I'll be sure to do a good couple burnouts to be sure.

Can't help you with the "unlined" part. I just bought a few red lined barrels that were used by the Schlafley Brewery in St. Louis for transporting Amber. I am in the same boat as you now, I HATE the red liner. I'm really hoping that I can find a steal on a stainless steel barrel... I can dream right?

Dare to dream, Tsevg9! :) you'll find it, just takes patience, right?

Too bad that Schlafly barrel was lined. A beer seasoned barrel would be so awesome! :) At least your barrel has a great back story.

Back