• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork in the Park Salisbury, Md nearing 100 teams

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I see on the Pork in the Park website that as of 4-3-09 there are 89 teams signed up. I can't wait and hope it is a blast!

This will be out second year at this comp. As long as they get the water situation (1 outlet everyone shares) resolved, it should be another great weekend.

Our first time there and first comp of the year... Can't wait!!!!!

This will be out second year at this comp. As long as they get the water situation (1 outlet everyone shares) resolved, it should be another great weekend.

Knowing the organizer will do whatever she can to continue to make "Pork in the Park" a success, called and spoke with her this evening and explained the concerns teams have about water access. She thanked me and is going to call the parks department tomorrow and advise more connections are necessary. We also discussed placing containers on carts and coming to the teams with water. After she speaks with the parks department she is going to email me and advise what steps will be taken to remedy the concerns. I’ll post as soon as possible and have total confidence she will make it work.

BTW, there are now 94 teams:icon_smil

She said she wanted 100 teams and it looks like she'll get them. I'm confident the water issue will get worked out. I'm just hoping for dry weather (and warm temps!).
I've already started to pack the trailer.

Tom

We got put off all on our own (opposite side of the volleyball court) last year and had 4 hose connections right beside us. :redface:

Of course, we had to smell the "port-o-johns" to get that spot. :icon_bugeyed

honestly, we had no issues with water, or anything, at all.
Bring a coupla water jugs.

We are starting to pack the trailer too... and I have my $20 rib 'donation' all ready . . .

We decided to wait till this weekend to pack. Half of my stuff is at the house and the other half somewhere between the store room, work, and in the trailer, so it'll be a full day event.....

We got put off all on our own (opposite side of the volleyball court) last year and had 4 hose connections right beside us. :redface:

Of course, we had to smell the "port-o-johns" to get that spot. :icon_bugeyed

I thought you guys had a great spot - plenty of room to spread out no noisy neighbors - didn't even think about the aroma.

We are starting to pack the trailer too... and I have my $20 rib 'donation' all ready . . .

I have my $20 ready too. We got distracted last year and never got it in:sad:

Tom

Well, I see that Sandy came through and straightened out the water situation. That's why this is such a good event, they go out of their way to make everyone happy.

I thought you guys had a great spot - plenty of room to spread out no noisy neighbors - didn't even think about the aroma.
Tom

I only ever get a couple hours sleep at a comp because of watching the pit, prepping stuff for the morning, etc... Everytime I would almost doze off, someone would let the crapper door slam. LOL On the other hand, my teammate got in his truck and slept all night. (so it must have not been too bad once you fell alseep) LOL (but he did have Miller Lite assistance)

When I talked to Sandy on Friday she said they were almost at 100 teams. They are slow to put them up on the web site. We will be there. Please stop by and say hi. We are The District of Cloumbia Fire Department Firefighting BBQ Team.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I hope the weather is nice!!!

Friday, Apr 17
18.gif

High: 58 °F RealFeel®: 47 °F
Periods of rain

Friday Night, Apr 17
18.gif

Low: 42 °F RealFeel®: 34 °F
Rain

Saturday, Apr 18
07.gif

High: 57 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
A shower in the morning; otherwise, cloudy

Saturday Night, Apr 18

38.gif

Low: 37 °F RealFeel®: 36 °F
Mostly cloudy

Thanks Sled! Not a real comp w/out a Sledcast. Since you aren't comming I was afraid you'd forget us!

Heal well

Tom

I sure hope Sledneck always forecasts things to the cold and wet side of what he thinks it will be. I was kind of hoping for dry and 45-50 (feels like 70) at night and 68-72 (feels like 70)during the day with NO wind. Hey somebody order that up for me!

Either way we'll be there!

Back