KC BBQ - Overland Park

javahog2002

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Ok folks. I have family visiting the Overland Park area. What is cheap don't miss BBQ Joint in Overland Park. They are staying on College Blvd.

Cheers and Beers,
Tracy

What SOB said. I always make it a point to go to OK Joe's when I visit my parents in KC.

Ok Joes has a location in Olathe, closer to op. Not the original, but still good q. Jack stack at 95th and Metcalf is good too.

Jacks Stack. I guarantee you they will be happy even if they are not hard core bbq people. If they want tradition Arthur Bryant or Gates. Most out of towners want one of the latter.

OKJ has become too popular and not worth the hassle. I live here and wont go back. I know I will not be popular for saying.

IMHO

Oklahoma Joe's is great, LC's is better.

If you define regional BBQ by protein, then KC = burnt ends, and KC burnt ends = LC's...and being an 11hr drive away from an LC's burnt ends sandwich = torture.

Smokin Guns in North Kansas City is worth the drive from OP. The trophies and ribbons alone should impress them even without the great bbq. Skip Gates, Arthur Bryant's, and Jack Stacks. Also Woodyard and RJ's are very good.

Third (fourth?) on OK Joe's. There's one at 110th and Metcalf, right down the road from College.

Go on Wednesday and get the burnt ends. Everything there is good....The baked beans are life changing.

If you want a hole in the wall place, the burnt ends at LCs are also great. Nowhere near OP though, but on the way to the airport.

Don't bother with Gates/Bryant's.

Bigabyte's house. Tell him I sent you.

All of my friends over there say the same, OK Joe's or LC's

Thanks. Jacks Stack better be good given their prices.

Really, now we have a special topic for road trips.

This forum is starting to resemble some others whom have way too many rules. Not too fun. :sad:

Back