Dont kill me!...ABT's with turkey bacon

allancoh

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This is my first run in with turkey bacon. Making some ABT's today and doing half with turkey bacon because my buddy's wife doesn't eat pork. Anyone have experience with cook times or a difference in flavor with this stuff? Didnt know if it would come out bland and i should add some extra seasoning or glaze to the turkey abt's to kick it up.

Haven't made them with turkey bacon but because it's so lean you might want to finish with high heat grill or even run a torch over it....Heck i'll run a torch over the bacon ones just because it works so well to crisp things up.

Do both! Don't make the bacon lovers suffer :-D Everyone is Happy!

We do ours cut in half with pre cooked bacon chunks in the cream cheese and topped with grated cheese. I can dig out a pic if you want

thanks guys. I ended up doing both. i just took a bite out of the turkey ones and it tastes bland :\ .im going to resason sauce it up for a glaze and throw it back on for more flavor.

Don't worry allan I won't kill you for using turkey bacon. ...............because your already dead to me.

1202370.jpg

Has anybody ever tried beef bacon? (On turds or by itself) say some at my Butcher awhile back. Could be a possible substitute for non pork eaters.

Has anybody ever tried beef bacon? (On turds or by itself) say some at my Butcher awhile back. Could be a possible substitute for non pork eaters.

Good stuff!
Just expensive and is normally really thick cut, at least around here.
Home made or thin sliced commercial would work wonderful.

TIM

This is my first run in with turkey bacon. Making some ABT's today and doing half with turkey bacon because my buddy's wife doesn't eat pork. Anyone have experience with cook times or a difference in flavor with this stuff? Didnt know if it would come out bland and i should add some extra seasoning or glaze to the turkey abt's to kick it up.

Someone needs to find a new Buddy...

Turkey bacon is fantastic and healthy. It should work great on ABT's... healthy cooking can be flavorful cooking

Back