The Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Brine (pic)

I have my bird soaking in this for tomorrow in my UDS. Cant wait! Bump for TDay!

I plan to use this brine for my Thanksgiving turkey. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I am curious if a general purpose type rub would work well. Any suggestions on rub would be greatly appreciated!

Giving this one a whirl this year John, just whipped it up and it smells phenomenal!

The wifey said "Old BAY?" :tsk::tape::crazy:...uh I don't really like that:mmph:"

But once she smelled the brine she agreed it does smell good

I am interested to see how the 5 spice works along with the old bay

Just happened to have some 5 -spice from another recipe in the summer and some old bay from doing shrimp that I had to try it.

I think I may try a mild compound butter as well with the Turkey Breasts I am cooking tomorrow.
Again, thanks for sharing the recipe! - Cheers & Happy Turkey Day Brethren!:peace:

I plan to use this brine for my Thanksgiving turkey. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I am curious if a general purpose type rub would work well. Any suggestions on rub would be greatly appreciated!

Im using dirty dalmatian rub on mine works great on everything else.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Bird just hit the brine! Thanks for the recipe I love Old Bay!

8ynuna4a.jpg

Just used this brine with Oakridge BBQ pork and chicken rub smoked with sugar maple. Winning combo right there I tell ya. Thanks John.

I used a half a batch for one boneless breast, four wings and four leg/thighs. I'll definitely be deconstructing my birds before cooking from now on.

I made a half batch of this brine this weekend and dunked a chicken in it. Didn't eat any of the chix until today and I gotta say :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: this is fanfarkingtastic! Really amazing result - just a great, full, rich flavor. I will be doing this over and over again - thanks so much for putting this up PD! :clap2: I really do enjoy your posts here and am truly grateful that you share your knowledge with us. :thumb:

That sounds delicious, looks even more delicious. I'm putting this on the menu for Christmas dinner.

You seem to know what you are doing with the camera. If I may ask, what are you using for lighting?

That sounds delicious, looks even more delicious. I'm putting this on the menu for Christmas dinner.

You seem to know what you are doing with the camera. If I may ask, what are you using for lighting?

Do you mean the shot of the turkey, or the pot of brine on my blog?

I think I shot through an umbrella for the turkey, But I don't remember. The
pot was shot on my kitchen floor. I have four 36" 5500K fluorescent tubes for
overhead light in the kitchen.

John

Do you mean the shot of the turkey, or the pot of brine on my blog?

I think I shot through an umbrella for the turkey, But I don't remember. The
pot was shot on my kitchen floor. I have four 36" 5500K fluorescent tubes for
overhead light in the kitchen.

John
I was asking about the shot of the turkey. Thanks.

Back