Cooking on the Humphreys Cubed Beast.

plowin-fire

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Finally got around to taking some pictures of a cook I did for a wedding rehearsal supper. Did some pork loins that I brined in Oakridge Game Changer for 36 hrs and them rubbed with SM Sweet Seduction. Smoked with applewood at 275 as with everything else in there. Also had some beans and some rib tips that were rubbed with Oakridge Black Ops. Yeah I know its for brisket, but it sure was good on ribs and rib tips. Dont have an sliced pictures. Didnt have the camera and the party. Was the best pork loin I have cooked to date. Very juicy and tender. Everything turned out great. Smoker seems to run a bit cooler than I want, still trying to figure this thing out over my XL egg. But regardless of the temp, the loins cooked in about 2.5 hours on the bottom shelf. Oh well. Have to play around some more on it.

Attachments

• DSCN0419.jpg
    DSCN0419.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCN0420.jpg
    DSCN0420.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCN0424.jpg
    DSCN0424.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCN0425.jpg
    DSCN0425.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCN0426.jpg
    DSCN0426.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 335
Looks great! Nice pit too...I have a BB Cube being built. :thumb:

I like the extra space of the cubed beast vs the down east beast...

Looks sweet. It's going to cook completely different than an egg. Airflow is key

I like the extra space of the cubed beast vs the down east beast...

For most cooks the standard beast would have worked. I needed the extra room for a few big cooks, which is becoming more and more. Kinda wish I that I would have asked for a double wide version, kinda like a pitmaker vault, so I could get 2 full size pans per shelf. Oh well. Maybe the next one.

I am getting jealous...everyone is getting a new smoker.

Love the red/black combo.

For most cooks the standard beast would have worked. I needed the extra room for a few big cooks, which is becoming more and more. Kinda wish I that I would have asked for a double wide version, kinda like a pitmaker vault, so I could get 2 full size pans per shelf. Oh well. Maybe the next one.

We do have that size being built and will be a production model called the B. A. S. it close to 6 feet tall with the caters on

We do have that size being built and will be a production model called the B. A. S. it close to 6 feet tall with the caters on

Figures, after I get the biggest one they make a bigger one.... Maybe get that one next year to fill the porch on my new trailer.

Back