Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

That is awesome to hear!!!!

So I'm now planing to be heading that way and not cook dinner one night this week :heh:

It's a farking miracle. The contractors were here at the crack of dawn working and said they should be done tomorrow at the latest. And they are coordinating with the inspector and said we should be able to open the doors no later than Thursday. I'm still not going to believe it until it actually happens though.

I saw your contractor hard at work when I drove by around 3:30, just a matter of hours !!!

I saw your contractor hard at work when I drove by around 3:30, just a matter of hours !!!

These guys are fantastic. I wish I would have found them about oh, six months ago.

There is some bad news/good news from them though. Good news is they got everything installed today and all that's left is to wire it up, which he said will take about a half hour. Bad news is they commented on the gas line to the smoker and said they didn't think it was up to code. After a few calls, they were right. And I paid some motherfarker $800 to run that line and all for nothing. Absolutely ridiculous. Good news is they are going to fix that issue tomorrow as well, and they are glad they caught it before calling the inspection only to have that end up derailing the whole thing again.

Before you know it you'll be working 15 hours a day 7 days a week!!!

I can't wait! I want to work all day every day. I can't be cooped up in this house any longer.

So close yet so far. Mechanical inspection is officially scheduled for Thursday. Now, I just need to call the health inspector and beg him to come out on Thursday at the same time, or right after the mechanical guy comes so we can flip the switch and open the doors. I told both of those a-holes that they need to get on the same page and come on the same day so this nightmare can come to an end and not get pushed off another week.

That means come tomorrow morning I hope he's on board and can give me an exact time he will come by, which would then give me an official opening time on Thursday. Hopefully early enough to open for lunch, but even if we can only open for dinner, so be it. I'll take anything at this point.

That is all good. You're at the light at the end of that long tunnel. Congrats.

Sounds like it is going to be a great weekend. Get yourself some rest (I know that probably is impossible right now) before the show.

Great to hear!!!
We'll be seeing you Thursday then for dinner :thumb:

I just joined this forum within that last couple weeks and I will say this reoccurring thread with 800+ posts was one I was avoiding. But, today I took the chance and started reading it. I did a lot of skimming, but read each of your posts. Feel like I have been right there with you. Good luck getting these final last detail resolved!

Take pics of the f--- up by the contractor who installed the gas line incorrectly and get a written statement from your mechanical contractor so you can get your $800 back or at least a portion of it!

I'm excited for you man! I've been telling some friends about your restaurant journey and were all ready to see your hard work and dedication pay off. You've got a bunch of people pulling for you down here in North Carolina!

Congrats and keep on smoking! We've been in business for almost two years now...it is a blur...and smokey too

These guys are fantastic. I wish I would have found them about oh, six months ago.
Stay in touch with these guys. Even if you need something doe that they don't do themselves, they can tell you who to go to. These guys work together and they know who the stand up contractors are and who to avoid.

Good luck with your official opening!

Back