BBQ Brethren "Breakfast Sandwich" Throwdown

Hey RonL - that looks amazing as well. Hollandaise sauce on about anything breakfast related sounds good!
Thinking Saturday morning has a Hollandaise theme comin' at it.

Ron L that is the perfect breakfast sandwich. Naked fatties are my favorite......

Dang Ronnell! I'm thinkin you've ruined it for everyone else now... You'll be the only entry this week! :becky:

I'm VERY hungry!!! Great looking! Bet it tasted even better!

It did taste great :-D The combination of Hollandaise and the fatty was interesting. It was almost a cross between Eggs Benedict and biscuits and gravy. I would definitely do it again.

Hey Ronelle! Did you not post a cook thread for that? I've never made a Hollandaise and the color of that one is beautiful (Second pic of the sammie being the most accurate?). I can only imagine the taste.

WOW Ron that looks amazing and gonna be hard to beat but we gonna try..

Hey Ronelle! Did you not post a cook thread for that? I've never made a Hollandaise and the color of that one is beautiful (Second pic of the sammie being the most accurate?). I can only imagine the taste.

I didn't, mainly because I didn't take any more pictures.

Yes, the middle pic is the most accurate. I should adjust the others. Sorry.

The Hollandaise is out of a cookbook that came with a blender/food processor that I bought years ago. It is very simple...

3 Egg Yolks
2 T Lemon Juice
1 Dash Hot Sauce ( I like Sriracha)
1/4 t Salt
1/2 cup butter.

Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, hot sauce and salt in a blender and give them a quick spin to mix. Melt the butter until it is bubbly. Put the blender on blend speed (that's what it is called on mine. It's the fourth step up from off) and slowly pour the hot butter into the blender jar. Once the butter is in let it blend for about 30 seconds.

That's it. Maybe not a classic Hollandaise preparation, but it is very good.

Stand By Brethren... there's been a development... I have an entry... all you hungry people... line up....:cool:

Australian Football League Grand Final Breakfast Sammich

G'Day!!!!:becky:

Well, firstly I need to say I'm SMASHED!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Secondly... I have to say I had a farkin great day!:cool::cool:

Today, we had our AFL Grand Final. AND IT WAS A DRAW.... This has not happened since 1977! What it means is that the 2 teams get to play off again next week!

Can you imagine, a Superbowl, 2 WEEKS IN A ROW!!!!:shock::shock::shock:

Yes... 100,016 people at the game, and you can imagine the sh!tfight for tickets this week!:boxing::boxing::boxing:.

So, today, I prepared a Grand Final Breakfast Sammich!

Firstly, you might remember I had a Buckboard Bacon in the makin' I smoked that last night.
DSC_0001_1152.jpg

DSC_0004_1155.jpg

DSC_0006_1157.jpg

DSC_0010_1161.jpg

Then, with the bacon and all the ingredients you are to see next, I went over to Andy's place next door for a nice grilling Q and to watch the game!

Here's some nice grillin'. You will notice the my home made boerewars sausage on the grill!
DSC_0015_1166.jpg

Then we put on some CHUCK steaks that were dusted with Zachs Brisket rub (which was all I had on hand, but there were no complaints...)
DSC_0018_1169.jpg

We had a few things goin'. I had a little CI pan on the side with some onions...
DSC_0019_1170.jpg

Then I added some of that Bacon, and we opened up the sausage just to get it cooked through. Actually, in my opinion, it was overcooked, but I was not the boss of the grill here, and we were cooking for a lot of women scared of blood.... Meh... It happens...
DSC_0020_1171.jpg

Looking GOOD!
DSC_0021_1172.jpg

Toasted some Turkish Bread and added some fresh Eggs from Mum and Dads Little farm... (more of that in another thread)
DSC_0022_1173.jpg

Chow time...
DSC_0026_1177.jpg

Sammich Assembly...Some Chuck Steak on Toasted Turkish Bread, with my home made Sausage on top..

DSC_0027_1178.jpg

Then on the other side of the OPEN Sammich, the Buck Board Bacon and eggs, dressed with a nice tomato sauce... this is a regular thing here... and in the US too I'm sure!
DSC_0036_1187.jpg

Then I went back outside to watch the footy!
DSC_0039_1190.jpg

DSC_0040_1191.jpg

Please use this as my TD Pic Please Rob!

And we watched the footy in leisure... Aussie Style...
DSC_0044_1195.jpg

AND WE GET TO DO IT ALL AGAIN NEXT WEEK! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Cheers and THANKS for looking Brothers!

Bill

PS... Here's RUSH the DOG. He's a Staffie... man was HE A HUNGRY DAWG BEGGIN FOR SOME TUCKER!
DSC_0013_1164.jpg

That is one good looking sandwich, and that's no baloney!:thumb: That whole spread there looking is fine as well. AND you all get to do it all over again next week:clap2::clap2::-D.

Now THAT's a sandwich, Bill! Did you eat that by yourself or did Rush get some?

Back