I did something productive today....

mattdean1003

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I had a bunch of limbs laying around from the trees we cut down a few months ago...

Just that small pile of limbs made that much cooking wood. Sure, it's small and will burn a little faster, but why throw it away?

Wish it was all THIS size. THIS, my friends, is a beautiful site:

Nice job, and I see you use your chop saw like I do :thumb:

good work, I tore up my chop saw trying to cut splits into fist size chunks of hickory. I am not sure why it cut so damn hard but it did a number on it.

good work, I tore up my chop saw trying to cut splits into fist size chunks of hickory. I am not sure why it cut so damn hard but it did a number on it.

I did the same FARKING thing with my Kolbalt radial compound saw. I was cutting a split and it moved and the blade caught it and it hit the fence and broke it and ripped a chunk meat off the end of my finger. I now use a portable table saw or a sawzall.

What kind of wood is that? I do not recognize the bark.

For saws I use either a chainsaw or bow saw depending on how much time I have, how much exercise I want and how big the branches are. :thumb:

Thanks for the replies guys. I actually completely filled up the bottom rack on the smoker, I'll post a picture when I get it uploaded later. It's all oak as far as I know, nice red tint to the ends of all of them.

I agree, I let NOTHING go to waste. It'll all burn great!

Chainsaws and sawzalls work great, but I use my chop saw to make chunks of wood instead of splits. Works great and is much safer than either of the above for smaller pieces of wood.

I use a chainsaw buddy. Works great and keeps your hands well away from the wood. Can cut real small chunks with it

Attachments

• buddy.jpg
    buddy.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 58
I did the same FARKING thing with my Kolbalt radial compound saw. I was cutting a split and it moved and the blade caught it and it hit the fence and broke it and ripped a chunk meat off the end of my finger. I now use a portable table saw or a sawzall.
A sharp, course toothed blade is safest when cutting rough wood. Most cutoff saws come with a combination tooth blade for use on dressed wood only.

Also, use a piece of wood with a notch in it to hold what you are cutting, wearing gloves. When in doubt, don't cut wood with a power tool.

Back