• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

M

menk45

Last night my wife brought home a 20 lb box of boneless skinless chicken breasts.

Any suggestions on what to do with them?

Thanks.

I like to marinate and grill them, Makes great kabobs, also great grilled and served on salads. I find salad dressing makes a great marinade.

Brine and smoke with choice of rub and wood ( I like apple and cherry ) - I have a water smoker and have never had these turn out dry - just watch temps carefully.

I also pound thin and roll up with mushroom/cheese/herb mixture and smoke - very good

Marinate some of them in pure Amaretto for a couple hours. Baste them with amaretto as you grill them and sprinkle a little black pepper on them as they are finishing up on the grill.

marinate, season with your favorite steak seasoning, soak in chilli sauce, grill indirect until done while mopping with the chilli sauce.

i have substituted other sauces for the chilli sauce, but that is the favorite. sometimes i will weave a few pieces of bacon through them as well. they are like the pork loin of the chicken, so many ideas so little time.

We grill them all the time here. Love 'em. Quick brine or marinade, a little seasoning, sauce of some sort of you wish. Good and easy eats the whole family here loves. Just cook them to the right temp of 165 is the trick.

The sky's the limit. They're basically a blank canvas for whatever marinade/rub/sauce you want. I suggest grilling over high heat, though, unless you brine.

Personally, I find mojo criollo to be the "default" marinade and I end up grilling them.

I got a recipe today from " Nibble me this" for chicken pillows with parmesan sauce that warrants a try this weekend.

I like to marinade / grill them just like roadside chicken. Then toss on a toasted bun for a sandwich, or cut up and put in a salad.

Or my favorite - take the roadside chicken breast, chop it up, fry and crumble some bacon, mix it all with white bbq sauce and throw it in a pan to heat up. Put this mix on some bread with a thick slice of cheese and grill it like a grilled cheese sandwich. :thumb:

As simple as rubbing with some EVOO and then a sprinkle of Kosher Salt & fresh Cracked Pepper. Cover & let sit in fridge for a couple hours. Grill/smoke indirect @ ~350F with a little Apple Wood. Throw on a few baked potatoes (I usually start them out in the micro & finish on the grill) & a salad & you are set. Cheers!!!

Marinade them and grill them to an internal temp of 160*. I started to butterfly all of mine and have had great success. I highly suggest trying it.

Are they 5-6 oz flash froze pre portioned breasts?
More than likely there already brined. Just rub and smoke or grill. :thumb:

These are great low-fat meat but have a bad tendency to go dry and stringy with just the slightest bit of overcooking. I've solved this problem by very lightly injecting them with EVOO laced with a touch of garlic, onion and salt. I smoke them for about an hour (hickory or apple) then kick the temp up to 350 to finish -- pull at IT of about 160 and rest, covered, for a few minutes. Seldom use sauce but Obie-Q's rub or Oklahoma Joe's Yardbird makes for great flavor.

This weekend I used a marinade I make for shrimp on chicken breasts - the recipe makes enough for up to 2 lbs. Since chicken doesn't take long to soak it up - I only marinade for 2 hours in the fridge and for shrimp 1 hour and then onto skewers and the grill. Finish with homemade q sauce and both chicken and shrimp are great like this.

Marinade

3/4 cup of Orange Juice
1/4 cup of lime juice
5 cloves or garlic (minced if mixing by hand)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 and 1/2 tsp of kosher or sea salt
1/4 tsp of fresh cracked black pepper

I put all the ingredients in a mini-food processor and blend - can also use stick or normal blender or mix by hand if you mince the garlic. By far my favorite as of late - used it 4 times in the last 2 weeks....

Back