Beef Baby Back Ribs???

okiej

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Had lunch yesterday at Ed's Cajun restaurant and specialty meat shop in Tulsa. Looking thru all the cool meats and spices etc got me fired up and I came home with these. I usually don't buy anything preseasoned but it was a weak moment. Never heard of beef BABY back ribs... Is there such a thing or are they just beef back ribs? Also the pack date is yesterday 3/1/2014 but I see no use by date. How long are they good for in the fridge? I don't plan to cook them right away, maybe a couple weeks... freeze?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 148
Never cooked them either.

They look like they are chamber sealed, so as suggested by the USDA, a week under refrigeration, or freeze and thaw before using.

Never heard anyone refer to beef ribs as baby back. Perhaps they are referring to the size/age of the cow they came from.

I'm guessing just back ribs. I'm not a huge fan of them because they end up mostly bone with very little meat. If you can find chuck ribs or short ribs you are in for a better cut and some awesome beef ribs.

Sounds like the marketing department is getting creative again.

Those are no good take my word for it. Where are you at ? I'll come and dispose of them for you.

I kinda figured the marketing dept was just getting a little creative. Maybe a younger cow..:wink: I think I know how to dispose of them ninja, but thanks for the offer!

I'll buy a lot of Cajun beef and chicken and pork presesoned and packed just like what you have there. If those are anything like I get it's worth every penny. I say take care when you cook them and let your tastebuds decide.

Back