• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smashburgers!

This isn't a criticism, just a comment.....I think the burgers looked great!

Surprised how that first burger was "Sticking" to the griddle when you turned it over.

Fatty meat + butter on the griddle and the crust stuck? I would have thought the burgers would slide around like greased pigs.

Look at the 3:20 mark, I thought the same thing.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEiyHCxqofg"]The Secret of a SmashBurger - YouTube[/ame] The Secret of a SmashBurger

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, kickarse intro. great vid. I wonder if there's a way you could use the press while still using regular grill grates without losing all the flavor (I really just wanna keep some of the smoke).

This isn't a criticism, just a comment.....I think the burgers looked great!

Surprised how that first burger was "Sticking" to the griddle when you turned it over.

Fatty meat + butter on the griddle and the crust stuck? I would have thought the burgers would slide around like greased pigs.

That one burger did stick a little and I'm not 100% sure why, but my idea is that the cast iron griddle is new and had not been used previously. It was pre-seasoned but I also re-seasoned it with crisco before I used it. After watching the video again I also noticed that I did not get up under it very well with my spatula before I pulled it up. As this griddle gets more use, nothing will stick to it. It just doesn't have the miles on it yet to get that perfect cast iron seasoning...

Yeah, kickarse intro. great vid. I wonder if there's a way you could use the press while still using regular grill grates without losing all the flavor (I really just wanna keep some of the smoke).

The press on the grill grate would make a huge mess. You could use the press just to form the patty if you wanted and then cook it on the grill but you obviously could not press it on the grill :)

The press on the grill grate would make a huge mess. You could use the press just to form the patty if you wanted and then cook it on the grill but you obviously could not press it on the grill :)

I've seasoned the flat backside of my GrillGrates for burger searing and it worked pretty well the couple of times I've tried it. might be worth a shot with the Smash press?

I've seasoned the flat backside of my GrillGrates for burger searing and it worked pretty well the couple of times I've tried it. might be worth a shot with the Smash press?

It would work fine on a flat surface...

Agree that once in awhile I enjoy a burger on a flat grill and I would love to have one of those with the juice dripping down my chin right now. :clap2:
Dave

How much did you pay for the press if you don't mind me asking?

I need to hold off on the cost of this press for now until Matt decides what he will charge for them. He's in the process of doing that now so it should not be long.

http://www.meyermetalworks.com

He'll probably be adding this item to his lineup of BBQ stuff. I can't quote a price because we got together on this one and I did this video that he will use on his website if he decides to market the press....

:help:Great now you got me thinking about a burger seasoning.Look what you did ,now i have to come up with one.I have been just using my steak one but might need some help with the burger one

:help:Great now you got me thinking about a burger seasoning.Look what you did ,now i have to come up with one.I have been just using my steak one but might need some help with the burger one

I'll tell you this... nothing I have come up with on my own so far is as good as some of the seasoning blends I can buy in the grocery store. I'm particularly fond of McCormick's Grill Mates Steakhouse Onion Burger seasoning on my burgers. My homemade burger seasoning is pretty good but it's not as good as that... I highly recommend giving the McCormick's stuff a try.

Just going through my YouTube vid subscriptions and seen you vid. Great video. I'M I did realize that was you doing the ManCave Meals vids. Subscribed becase we both have the Char-Griller Kamado. Glad to see yours is still treating you good. Love mine.
Just did my first pizzas Friday night as per your competition pizza with the store naught crust. Wife and I loved it. Thanks for the great vids, keep it up.

your burger seasoning.

This may sound silly for a burger, but I always add a bit of Italian seasoning. Not to much or it will overwhelm all other flavors. Just a pinch on each burger, give a nice zest. The only complaint was the time the lid came off.lol. always get asked what I do to my burgers. Now all my friends put it in their burgers too.
If you try it and like it let me know. Or don't like it. Let me know.

Nothing sounds silly at all. Ground beef is a nice bed for whatever flavors you want to put to it.

Back