brisket injection comparisons

potaetoSON

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Butchers, Kosmos, Fab B Lite, Minors Beef Base (ingredients were referenced from company websites)

hydrolyzed proteins, msg, autolyzed yeast, disodium guanylate/inosinate are all flavor enhancers?

phosphates are for moisture retention and tenderizer?

oils and xanthum/starch to emulsify?

my previous brisket tests i have used 'better than bullion' base/water as my injection and have turned out good.

i think im going to order some Minors to start and have on hand. 16oz will make 5 gal of stock. so that can be added to the other injections.

thoughts?

PWx48FLl.jpg

I filtered a batch of Minors beef base after making a kicked up aujus and I couldnt believe the amount of actual tiny meat chunks in it. I guess they are not lying when they say roast beef is an actual ingredient

I filtered a batch of Minors beef base after making a kicked up aujus and I couldnt believe the amount of actual tiny meat chunks in it. I guess they are not lying when they say roast beef is an actual ingredient

thanks. so as far as using it to make a stock....is it ok? it has to be strained in order to inject?

if you just have a mesh strainer, it wont hurt to run it through before injecting. dont want to clog a needle just because you were lazy. Doesnt have to be coffee filter, just the metal mesh strainers nearly everyone has at home. You'd be suprised what gets caught when filtering stuff

if you just have a mesh strainer, it wont hurt to run it through before injecting. dont want to clog a needle just because you were lazy. Doesnt have to be coffee filter, just the metal mesh strainers nearly everyone has at home. You'd be suprised what gets caught when filtering stuff

yea i have strainers....used for a lot things.. just made a pot of chicken stock last night....always use the fine mesh strainer.

thx

that beef base is WAY to salt in my opinion I tried Fab B Lite and hooked best brisket ive ever had!

Good chart!

As for the Minors product, I use both Beef base and the AuJus stuff. Both have beef by-products in them. I have never had any problem with that clogging up a needle. That stuff settles to the bottom and does not get sucked up in the needle.

wallace

I've been making mine with the better then bouillon and am happy with results. Want to add some phosphates to it to see if that makes it better. Tried some commercial stuff and I like the bouillon flavor better.

I've been making mine with the better then bouillon and am happy with results. Want to add some phosphates to it to see if that makes it better. Tried some commercial stuff and I like the bouillon flavor better.

Better Than Bullion is what i have been using too. i just ran out. I was at Sams Club yesterday and pickup the Tones beef base to try tomorrow. Going to order up some minors this weekend.

here is the injection i have been using.

• 1 T - Beef Base
  • 1 T - Garlic Powder
  • 1 T - Onion Powder
  • 1 T - Worch Sauce
  • 1 T - Soy Sauce
  • 1 T - Accent(MSG)
  • 2 Cups Water

bring to simmer, cool, inject about 1oz/lb trimmed brisket.

hydrolyzed proteins, msg, autolyzed yeast, disodium guanylate/inosinate are all flavor enhancers?

Hydrolyzed proteins, MSG, and autolyzed yeast are all forms of glutamic acid. Some people won't buy stuff with MSG on the label, but will cheerfully buy autolyzed yeast. Same stuff. So is the ever popular "yeast extract".

Nice job, I will stick with FAB all the way, works for my process on pork and beef.

cool chart thanks! We use dollar store cloth handkerchiefs in a steel strainer. Gets smaller pieces out, and can be washed and reused

Back