Land Shrimp

Sunra

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
cicadas_lara_warman_575.jpg

Cicada pupa fried and served on a stick! High Protein Low Fat Health Food Yum Yum!
Need more recipes? here ya go!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz3dqVKLZ_AFZEkwZEhaenhJU3M/edit?usp=sharing

Actually there was a news story a few days ago that said Americans SHOULD include more incects in their diet. It was on the local NBC affiliate but I can't remember if it was the local or national news.

Hey! Every can of processed food has at least SOME permissible insect parts per billion - we ALREADY eat insects.

A fellow would have to be pretty hungy to try one of those. No thank you I will pass.

Okay, I'll bite.

I am pretty sure a little mustard (to help the rub stick), brown sugar and paprika. I would think to add maybe a little onion and garlic powder. I don't know if this would be better with a fruit wood or mesquet. I think I would go hickory for the first time. I probably wouldn't brine them... I would use a water pan to try and prevent them from overdrying. I think I would nip the heads off or shove a skewer through their faces. These would for sure be skewered cooked over very low heat (200-225) since they are so little I may only cook them 15-20 mins, I don't think that I could get a good smoke ring in these lil guys to save my life.

Fark that, too much work for bugs.

I dont know, I might give it a try as long as its cooked. But really what does it taste like?

Give Andrew Zimmer a shout out, you will make national TV!

Back