Bel Air, Maryland /MD BBQ Bash

watg?

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The Maryland BBQ Bash has not been listed on the KCBS site as of yet. I was advised by Elizabeth Cook of the Downtown Alliance that the date will be 8/8 & 8/9 2008.

what a big name turn out this one was last year, the black top was hot. There was a ton of spectators there.. I will put this one on next years list!!(I guess its this year already!!)

Sal

Same weekend as the Maddox/Phillies comp... decisions, decisions

So Jon, your thinking of not defending your winning the Phillies comp. Must not have been good tickets to the WS.

Technically you could say we were behind home plate

us at 2007 WS resize.jpg

That blue row of seats behind us is one mile above sea level. We had alot of fun, they really took care of us. And I did wear my Phillies hat in gratitude.
I have to defend my title, even though it's not a sanctioned event. I would like to do Belair some day though.

Last edited:
Bel Air is fun, a big crowd and good tunes, but it can be hot, mostly concrete and asphalt. I am not sure what the capacity is, last year they said for months that they were filled, then at the last minute I saw posts asking for more teams, maybe they will get that issue resolved this year.

http://www.mdbbq.com/

Web site is still showing last years info.

Most sites were 20x25, but if you contact the organizers, they would probably work with you on space, they are very cooker friendly.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Maybe I'll join you this year at the comp. Same date as Bel Air?

The past two years they were sold but, but had 5 or so teams cancel last minute. So if you were to not get in, I would suggest staying in touch with them. There were some spaces available all said and done from what I recall. Yes, it gets pretty darn hot, but great crowds turn up, music is pretty good and it has a nice downtown festival feel to it.

George, thanks for the dates.
Last year, they went looking for teams at the last minute to get to 50 teams. This made it worth more points (triple?) for KCBS Team of the Year. It had been capped at around 40 teams in previous years. They also needed to make up for a few teams that dropped. They got the 50, excatly. I would not try and bring a RV to this comp. They discourage vehicles parked in cook sites and I haven't seen any RV's there the past two years and it is a tight squeeze getting in and out of there.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Maybe I'll join you this year at the comp. Same date as Bel Air?

Hey Ron, Have you heard anything on the dates for Dover next year, I have not seen anything yet on the KCBS site. I also sent a note to melinda but have not gotten a reply.

Back