• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Why should I get a Thermapen?

Mikey063

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been reading thread after thread of the joys of the Thermapen, but why should I spend that kind of cash $100! I have my ET732, which is pretty accurate, so why get this?

In other words, how can I convince my wife I need this.

I just got one. Love it! Use it all the time BBQ or the oven. Stick with what you got and if you need anew thermometer then pick up the thermopen. Granted i didn't tell my wife how much it cost, so that is where i can't help you.

I have a Thermapen, but if you like the thermometer you have, then there really isn't a good reason to buy another. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I didn't have a quick read probe thermometer when I bought mine, so I bought what was popular with the brethren -- and it was on sale.

CD

Brothers and Sisters, please keep and eye out for us poor people when they go on sale again!:wink:

There is no reason to get one as there are so many thermometers on the market.

Usually the probe poke test will be good or the bend or tear test for ribs.

Exact temps are not needed.

Toys are fun though!

The PINK colored one. Or so says my better half.............. :icon_blush:

wallace

I prefer the Maverick PT-100, backlit LCD so you can see it in the dark or in a dark pit, and with polarized sunglasses on.

Maverick-PT-100-L__40781_zoom.jpg

Tell her, because you'll never undercook or overcook anything again.

2 weeks after I got chewed out by the better half for spending $100 on a orange Thermapen, I was ordering her a pink one...:becky:

You can also get the thermoworks RT600C its a 6 second instant that I use due to it being $25 vs $100 still a quality product from thermoworks I bought mine off amazon. I also have an ET-732 and I like the instant for true grilling (steaks & chicken ect) and to probe around large chuncks of meat to see temps throughout.

You have to be strategic about it. It is not really a need, you don't want to sound desperate. I currently do not own a Thermapen. Not because of the wife, only because I am trying to pay off an incredibly high interest, student loan. I would give her strong reasons of why you would like one. My wife would be fine with me purchasing one. As long as I use and enjoy it. I would add, that it would help to get her steak just perfect.

If it's not the blue one it's not as fast or accurate. Get the thermapen so you can say you have one. BLUE :-D

Back