Wicked Good Lump-Weekend Warrior

Porky

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to pick up 22lb bags of the Weekend Warrior for $17.50 however, I must place an order for at least 5 bags. I have never used this brand but have seen it reviewed at the nakedwiz.com and it gets hi marks. I am looking for comments both pro and con. I also don't have room for all 5 bags and anyone interested in a couple of bags? In live in Baldwin,NY.

Les

I love the stuff! Burns nice and long.
It sparks a little.

Mike

tony76248 said:
IMHO, that is way too much to pay for lump!

Seems a Bit High to Me too...I can buy Royal Oak Lump here in Indiana for $9.99/20 Pounds

tony76248 said:
IMHO, that is way too much to pay for lump!

I have never used it, and don't know what would be so special about it...but I have to agree...seems pretty high $.

i have used it . was very good for me high heat low ash.
Go pats

There are a lot of high heat low ash lump charcoal products out there. I use B&B that is less than $10 for a 20 pound bag. Continue shopping and if that is the best you can do, jump on it.

Geography, brothers, geography.
Our brother Porkey is either on Long Island [think Hampton's, etc] or up by the Adirondacks close to Vermont.

Either way, his costs are going to be higher and his choices limited.
$17.50 for Wicked Lump does not sound to high to me, I just priced Cowboy lump at 17.95 here in Orlando yesterday.:shock: For some reason-like of demand, I guess--no one around here except for a couple of specialty [expensive] stores even stock lump charcoal.

Thanks to all who have replied. I know that the price is on the high side but on Long Island it is Cowboy or Royal Oak both of which are very reasonably priced but don't give me great burn time. Qman, I am about 60 or so miles from the Hampton's, but yes, you are correct---Geograhpy is an issue.
Keep those replies coming. I am about to crank up my Backwoods Party and do some chicken thighs and then some quartered chickens.

I paid $16.95 a bag and drove 60 miles RT to get it! I've used it in the BGE for a couple racks of ribs and shut it down and did a pizza and a flank steak 2 days later and still have usable coals in the firebox. I'm on the West coast and the shop I got it from are dedicated Eggheads and said shipping was a killer but want to stock it.

You won't be sorry...THe WIcked good ,IMHO..is the best. I agree it's too high,but I see where your located as well!!

WW & WG both get good marks for long burn times and low ash. My only issue is that it is very neutral as far as the flavor it produces goes. I think that is why it is so popular with folks who don't like smoke flavor and for baking breads and such in ceramic cookers.

thirdeye said:
WW & WG both get good marks for long burn times and low ash. My only issue is that it is very neutral as far as the flavor it produces goes. I think that is why it is so popular with folks who don't like smoke flavor and for baking breads and such in ceramic cookers.

I agree with thirdeye on the 'lack of flavor' , but for me I only use it to get things going and for heat duringcooking..wood for smoke and flavor . Normally I use only wood......just depends on what I'm doing and what I'm cooking on.

Back