• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

CTX Style/Red Butcher Paper Brisket, my best brisket ever!!(PRON)

Red Butcher Paper

Where did you find the red butcher paper, and is it any different from white butcher paper? Very nice brisket!

Where did you find the red butcher paper, and is it any different from white butcher paper? Very nice brisket!

Thanks for the kind words! I got the red paper here:

http://www.pospaper.com/241000r.html

As for how it differs from the white, aside from the obvious, I have no idea. As it compares to foil, whenever I foiled, I always thought the texture was off. Tasted boiled or steamed. With this paper, there was none of that, at least not to my indiscriminate palate.

I probably overcooked it a little for the competition types. But for me, a backyard hack...it was awesome.

Nicely done! Looks like you got my Saturday lined up for me. Looks fat cap down?

how do you secure the paper around the meat after wrapping? Twine or tape or something?

Good question... Had I not got a phone call right in the midst of wrapping, I might have done a really good job with this. Instead, it was a hack job, rolling it down the middle as if it was foil, and then trying to roll the ends over the same way.

When this failed to keep a tight enough seal... I grabbed the stapler. Like I said, I'm a hack. It actually worked pretty well, but I'm sure with proper technique staples could be avoided. :oops:

First, the only difference between red and white butcher paper is that the white is bleached and the red is dyed...I believe.

Second: To secure the paper, make an X out of 2 sheets. Place the brisket or what ever you're wrapping right in the middle of it where they overlap. Fold one end of the piece it's sitting on over the meat and tck the end under it. Repeat the process with the other end of the X and then repeat the process with the remaining piece of paper. Then, set the meat back on the grate, tucked paper side down and let gravity and the weight of the meat hold it in place.

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?????

This thread is not about you. If you have nothing helpful to say please refrain from posting.

I hope yall get the link.

Although this one is better...esp when he gets to the kindling.... its so like you guys

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/anal-retentive-guy/1353075

Thanks Donnie! I laughed all the way through both of them. Might strike too close to home for me. My wife would say it is dead on!

Yeah, I probably looked like that guy, standing out over my BGE with a stapler... Not a great visual! :twitch:

And judging from the videos, my stapling technique needs improvement too! :doh:

Back