Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Know it is early, but Dover, DE Oct 17th and 18th

B

backporchbbq

I know it is early but I am really excited for this comp. As long as my dad can come Back Porch BBQ will be there.

Who else is coming?

Been looking forward to this one all year,,,will be there for sure, without any canopies thou....

We'll be there. It's our "home" event. Will try to hold onto our canopies a little better this year.

This will be our 2nd event and we have been practicing all summer. Cant wait!!

Whats up with the canopies?

As long as my leg improves I plan on being there- Back Porch BBQ. The past two years the winds were so strong that several lost their shelters. Both of ours were destroyed there last year. Hopefully that will not happen this year. It is a great Comp

That should be interesting for sure! Cant wait and will bring the cinder blocks/ tie downs.

Is the guy with the espresso gonna be there?? :mrgreen: Red Bull just doesnt cut it when its chilly out.

cinder blocks and tie downs don't always help with the winds of dover,,lol.. ours we strapped down to my truck, cooker, coolers, and we still had to drop it down before it just ended up a twisted piece of junk,,, Just be prepared and pay attention to the sounds in the grandstands,, if you here something like a train rolling through the bleachers,,, get ready,,its going to hit.....

cinder blocks and tie downs don't always help with the winds of dover,,lol.. ours we strapped down to my truck, cooker, coolers, and we still had to drop it down before it just ended up a twisted piece of junk,,, Just be prepared and pay attention to the sounds in the grandstands,, if you here something like a train rolling through the bleachers,,, get ready,,its going to hit.....

exactly right. when the bleachers sound like a freight train, hold on to everything - it doesn't matter if the canopies are tied down, the wind gets under them and takes them. We had the awning on our trailer (RV) twisted almost off last year - had to replace that.

Lazy River Barbecue will be there. We look forward to it!! great venue (minus the winds).

holy cow! A wind like that will take out my WSM's. We will be ready, hopefully! It will be great to meet some more of you Brethren!!

anyone have a infomation number? I love judging this one and still haven't heard back

Yeah, that wasnt just wind in my opinion but a full on tornado. My Ezup was anchored down good. The tornado just flattened it though. Best option is when you hear it coming is to pull the canvas top off pronto.

I heard someone said a tornado did touchdown just 2 miles from the track,, it was pretty scary,, but still looking forward to this year anyhow.

Yeah, that wasnt just wind in my opinion but a full on tornado. My Ezup was anchored down good. The tornado just flattened it though. Best option is when you hear it coming is to pull the canvas top off pronto.

You are correct. I talked to my friend immediately after the incident, he checked the computer and a tornado did touch down about 2 miles from the track. Hopefully we are spared this year and have great weather. If I remember correctly the besides the wind and the rain that came with it the rest of the weekend was great. Hopefully we have the same, and our smoker doesn't break.

We are in and looking forward to it. We are also happy that Rich and the Lost Nation crew are making the trip down as well.

Does anyone have an updated team list, or know how many teams have signed up?

Back