Sedalia MO Contest

K

kcquer

Has anyone cooked at this contest. If so I'm curious to know what the venue is like (space sizes, availability of power and water, paved or grass, etc).

Blues & BBQ Fest!! It is a great contest!! Plenty of room, grassy spaces, blues bands ect. We go every year.

Scott,

I recommend this event. It located at the fair grounds in the RV area. When I pulled up to check in last year, I asked for my space assignment. I was told to park anywhere except for vendor row. I found a nice grassy spot under a shade tree. I had my own water, great power, and as much space as I needed. I thought the blues bands were awesome as well. This is one of those best kept secret contests. I've been told this contest site doesn't drain when when it rains, but it was dry last year.

kcpellethead said:
Scott,

I recommend this event. It located at the fair grounds in the RV area. When I pulled up to check in last year, I asked for my space assignment. I was told to park anywhere except for vendor row. I found a nice grassy spot under a shade tree. I had my own water, great power, and as much space as I needed. I thought the blues bands were awesome as well. This is one of those best kept secret contests. I've been told this contest site doesn't drain when when it rains, but it was dry last year.

If we're talking the Missouri State Fairgrounds and not the Pettis County Fairgrounds, I can vouch for the area not draining!!! Last year during the MO State Fair, it was a virtual mud pit! And I mean EVERYWHERE! If it rains, watch out! June 17-18 is JUST leaving the rainy time in Missouri and headed to the dry/hot time but still when anything could happen! Just be prepared.

A Tornado ripped through there 3 years ago during the BBQ contest.

Can you say " New easy ups for everyone?? "

Rod, thanks for the info. This sounds great, I'm only going to do a couple of events this year and what you describe is exactly what I'm looking for.

Calling all MOFO's, Calling all MOFO's, here's an event we all need to try to make it to. Sounds like the perfect place for a Brethren gathering.

Kick, get J & D onboard and bring yourselves west young? men!!

kcquer said:
Rod, thanks for the info. This sounds great, I'm only going to do a couple of events this year and what you describe is exactly what I'm looking for.

Calling all MOFO's, Calling all MOFO's, here's an event we all need to try to make it to. Sounds like the perfect place for a Brethren gathering.

Kick, get J & D onboard and bring yourselves west young? men!!

We're supposed to get together in the next week or two and start planning our season, but Sedalia was one we talked about before the first of the year. I'll push for Sedalia....if we don't cook it, I'll come pitbitch for you......

Our problem, some of the non sanctioned events that we've had locally are getting sanctioned and the governor's proclamation to make them qualifiers. I hadn't shared publicly because, like I said, they are in the works. When I have definite dates, then I'll go public....anyway....we're looking at possibly 5-7 events within 30 miles or LESS from home. Just how convenient is that?

Solidkick said:
we're looking at possibly 5-7 events within 30 miles or LESS from home. Just how convenient is that?

Dang Kick, you're gonna have it as easy as we do here in the KC area before you know it! Good deal for you folks!

Solidkick said:
We're supposed to get together in the next week or two and start planning our season, but Sedalia was one we talked about before the first of the year. I'll push for Sedalia....if we don't cook it, I'll come pitbitch for you......

Our problem, some of the non sanctioned events that we've had locally are getting sanctioned and the governor's proclamation to make them qualifiers. I hadn't shared publicly because, like I said, they are in the works. When I have definite dates, then I'll go public....anyway....we're looking at possibly 5-7 events within 30 miles or LESS from home. Just how convenient is that?
Translation for all of you Non-MOFO's -- We are waiting to see where Spice goes and avoiding him at all costs!!Just kidding Kick!! You are right!! Isn't it wonderfull to have 7 in your back yard!! I'll keep the coffee going , tell Sweet T to fire up the award winning chicken and tell Darrell that he is a LOOSER!!For those of you that don't already know, there is a new category this year in MOFO Country!!The MOFO team with the lowest score at the BOCO Fair this year will get the " Looser " Trophy. They will dawn the trophy untill the next year and display it prominately at their site. Not only that , but they will have to build a Shrine to it with candels and insence the night before the competition---AND-- any MOFO team who walks by their site, they must bow and say " We're Not Worthy"You know that I will probably be doing the honors of bowing this year, but what the hey!! It will be fun!!

spicewine said:
Translation for all of you Non-MOFO's -- We are waiting to see where Spice goes and avoiding him at all costs!!Just kidding Kick!! You are right!! Isn't it wonderfull to have 7 in your back yard!! I'll keep the coffee going , tell Sweet T to fire up the award winning chicken and tell Darrell that he is a LOOSER!!For those of you that don't already know, there is a new category this year in MOFO Country!!The MOFO team with the lowest score at the BOCO Fair this year will get the " Looser " Trophy. They will dawn the trophy untill the next year and display it prominately at their site. Not only that , but they will have to build a Shrine to it with candels and insence the night before the competition---AND-- any MOFO team who walks by their site, they must bow and say " We're Not Worthy"You know that I will probably be doing the honors of bowing this year, but what the hey!! It will be fun!!

Oh sir...we're not afraid of you...Sedalia would be a good place to find out how good of notes you took on the chicken.....:biggrin:

The "Looser" award I think is only a central MoFo thing.....much easier to rub the "rub" into the wound type thing.....:tongue:

Sedalia was the nicest competition that we went to last year. RV Hookups, shade trees, flat ground and plenty of space for all my stuff. We decided last year that this is a must. They also use only certified judges 100%.We took 2nd place chicken, 8th place pork.
Hope to see you all there.
Skip

Back