Saturday afternoon smoke (pron???)

AUradar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
some friends asked me to smoke for their parents anniversy party. I'm still learning, but heres what I did:

on the UDS:
uds.jpg

Top Rack 4 racks of baby backs:
babby backs.jpg

Bottom rack 6 rack of spares. I had to roll them up to make them fit:
spares.jpg

on the electric masterbuilt, 5 chickens quartered:
chicken.jpg

The spares came out a little over done. I don't know how ya'll do the 3-2-1 method. I run the ribs at about 220 and 4 hours they are well done.

my weber lid doesn't fit my drum top, so I have to rig with the tin foil

The spares came out a little over done. I don't know how ya'll do the 3-2-1 method. I run the ribs at about 220 and 4 hours they are well done.

I'd say your thermometer isn't accurate? With that time frame, it would make more sense that you are cooking closer to 275..

Also, what is your definition of well done? Is it possible they're actually not cooked long enough? Are you using the bend test or probe test to determine "doneness"?

actually, i try to run the outside thermeter at 220 and the center tends to run 30-50 degrees hotter. So yea, i bet i'm running around 250, maybe a bit higher, on the ribs where they were positioned.

The outside was a litte dry and part of hte ribs looked like all hte meat was gone off the ribs. But to be honest, these ribs where a little lacking when I preped them, may not have been a good buy.

oh well. I tried some end pieces and they were good. And those are typically the most cooked.

there will be lots of beer at the party where these ribs are going.

Back