View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
HONCHO GREGORY
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq.tom View Post
Has anyone participated (as either a cooking team or judge) at the “National Barbecue Festival” in Georgia in November? I understand that it used to be held in Douglas, GA, but they recently moved the competition to Waycross, GA.

Just looking for feedback as to what you liked/disliked about the event, about how many teams participated, how the organization of the event was, and whether you would participate again (if not – then why).

I work with Kell and his gang in Waycross GA the new location. I drive down and stay at the Hampton. The new site (48 acres) is great showers, all grass spots. The people that work with Kell are fantastic. I hope to return every year till I can't.
Some 200 teams come from all over the USA,Canada with some from across the pond. 1st up is the invitation the next day is the open, back yd, and the Kid's q-in in all $50,000 -$60,000 in cash and prizes.
What I like is you get to put faces to names you chat with on all the forums. YES i would try it at least 1 time if I was you

To make it easier to get in, Kell has qualifiers in the four corners of the USA so you don't have to cook every weekend.
HONCHO GREGORY is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->