***SPECIAL*** BBQ Brethren "Big Farking Sammich" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

RE: -> IN PROGRESS ***SPECIAL*** BBQ Brethren "Big Farking Sammich" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

That's some good looking roast beef.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I'm embarrassed. :oops: I've been missing out on this party 'cause I got my dates all mixed up-- you know how relationships go... oh no-no-no, I mean those over grown raisin like fruits from the palm trees of California. Yeah right.

So if I may grab me a beer and a seat in a chair and join you in this feastly and beastly party, here is my humble entry in this Sammyfest. This is my chuck steak sandwich for the financially impaired.

csteaksand_start_zpsdfeee3db.jpg

csteaksand_grilled_zps35b885ca.jpg

I brushed these 100% whole wheat bread slices with melted bacon drippings before toasting them on the grill.

csteaksand_toast_zpsa56deb74.jpg

Cut the steak, fed bones to doggie, piled on the mashed potatoes, and went at it.

csteaksand_plated_zpsa1e3d952.jpg

Beercuer, is that a 7 bone steak? I love them things, not too popular in my area, ever once in a while we get em

Beercuer, is that a 7 bone steak? I love them things, not too popular in my area, ever once in a while we get em

Jmoney, they labeled that one as a "Blade" steak. In my parts, they seem to be associated so closely together that buying one or the other is like the same thing. I'm sure with you though-- they pack a lot of flavor!

*OFFICIAL ENTRY* - Sunday Morning Breakfast - Corned Beef Hash Sandwich

This morning my Egg Sandwich just didn't seem like it would be satisfying enough.

IMG_1788_zpsbda8676c.jpg

So I added a little Corned Beef Hash that I whipped up from these leftovers.

IMG_1789_zps962f3b89.jpg

Then a couple more eggs...

IMG_1790_zps027aca71.jpg

It needs more Corned Beef Hash...and some Marie Sharps Hot Sauce on the egg over there...

IMG_1791_zps38cbef8b.jpg

Put it together and smoosh it a bit to get the egg yolk out...

IMG_1793_zps5a329f36.jpg

Serve with your breakfast beverage of choice...

IMG_1795_zps53a5f458.jpg

f7c31a45-e92e-4b8e-b4a6-905b80762067_zpse974f177.jpg

It didn't suck!:thumb:

Here is the thread I originally posted.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156537&highlight=burger

I had some encouragement to enter Throwdown.

I've never entered one of these Throwdowns, so I figure now is as good a time as any to start.

The Sammich:
Burgerandhomemadechips017_zps92a0a0b1.jpg

Burgerandhomemadechips011_zps3fab1228.jpg

This next Photo is my entry for the Throwdown:
Burgerandhomemadechips016_zps7e92e8fd.jpg

Couldn't really decide which was the best shot to enter, but there you have it!

Thanks,
KC

Almost forgot about this bad boy. We made this a few days ago but then life got busy.

Since I had a ton of Pastrami I couldn't not build a Big Farking Pastrami Sammich

P5_zps98526953.jpg

Started with some pastrami and Swiss cheese

IMG_4702_zpsf923ff1c.jpg

And then I added some more pastrami and Swiss

IMG_4703_zpsb004fe86.jpg

And then I added some more pastrami and Swiss

IMG_4704_zpsebb324f4.jpg

Oh and I love my pastrami with cole slaw

IMG_4705_zpsf6e50e16.jpg

IMG_4706_zps09f92b71.jpg

I'll admit I had share this one with Scarlett.

My Entry: The Infidel

In celebration of the 10 year anniversary of the start of Operation Iraqi Freedom, I have come up with an entry for the throwdown that I call the Infidel. It is 100% pork (minus the bun, of course). All the pork used in this entry is from the hog I butchered this winter. We did the bacon in our smoker. We also did our own sausage. The sammich includes:
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 2 butterfly pork chops
- 2/3# pork sausage in patties
- 1 bun toasted in bacon grease

The first picture with the coin is my official entry photo.

Attachments

• photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 166
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 166
Back