• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Just Tried Adam Perry Lang's Short Ribs...

Thanks for such an amazing post and thread. I'm having the time of my life doing this, creating a true slice of country in an urban Center has been a dream and doing it for 2 months only. I have a kicka$$ team and created that pit custom to my specs with J&R and mounted on a 45' flatbed trailer. The coal generater was manufactured for me at my dear friend Nicole Davenport's ranch in Texas. All the pecan is from Texas as well. I sleep there 3 nights a week and live In An airstream behind the whole thing. We start the coal production each night at 1am. I welcome all of you and hope you do say hello. If I am able and not cutting, I would really like to show you guys around.
Regarding the price, it's a steal. Would be $30+ in a restaurant so please take advantage. Thanks to the awesomeness of the people at CAB, I'm able to charge what I do plus we cook 25% of our load for a different homeless shelter each night.
Cheers everyone and hope to see y'all soon.
APL
That is so good of you to take the time to acknowledge our passionate addiction to our BBQ Gods Adam, thank you very much!
I personally would give my left nut to make it there from this remote Australian city and eat some of your glorious tucker.
In fact, I'll buy lottery tickets this week and come if I win enough, and make a donation!:pray:
I know, a financial penalty for the mathematically challenged, but hey, I am desperate!!
Very gracious of you to extend that warmth, but you have chosen the best site on the web and great people, BBQ people!
All the best Adam!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

One day...one day...

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Great lookin' que there! Thanks for posting Greg!

• Thanks
Thanks for the post and the heads up gtr. I don't know how I didn't hear about this. This is just over the hill from me. We are there!

APL thanks for the post and doing what you are doing! We're comin to see ya.

• Thanks
Thanks for such an amazing post and thread. I'm having the time of my life doing this, creating a true slice of country in an urban Center has been a dream and doing it for 2 months only. I have a kicka$$ team and created that pit custom to my specs with J&R and mounted on a 45' flatbed trailer. The coal generater was manufactured for me at my dear friend Nicole Davenport's ranch in Texas. All the pecan is from Texas as well. I sleep there 3 nights a week and live In An airstream behind the whole thing. We start the coal production each night at 1am. I welcome all of you and hope you do say hello. If I am able and not cutting, I would really like to show you guys around.
Regarding the price, it's a steal. Would be $30+ in a restaurant so please take advantage. Thanks to the awesomeness of the people at CAB, I'm able to charge what I do plus we cook 25% of our load for a different homeless shelter each night.
Cheers everyone and hope to see y'all soon.
APL

Thanks man! Looking forward to seeing you (and some Brethren) on Tuesday! :whoo:

I'm even passing up the Kogi truck to go there! :shocked: Seriously - I never pass up the Kogi truck, but this is something special. It's is a very cool thing you're doing on many levels. I plan on hitting this every week while it lasts. :whoo: :whoo:

^^^I'm thinking Tuesday at 11:30. Hopefully you can meat us there! Let's check in on Monday afternoon. :thumb:[/

Well were just having all kinds of fun this summer:becky:

Just can't stop rubbing it in can you. :p I seriously had a dream last night where we went on a family vacation to California and I got to meet you guys there on Tuesday, I'm pretty sure we cooked whole hog at GTR's place too. :tsk:

HA,
If your dream looked anything like this it could have turned into a nightmare real fast:twitch:

IMG_7143_zps0a39dba5.jpg

Just can't stop rubbing it in can you. :p I seriously had a dream last night where we went on a family vacation to California and I got to meet you guys there on Tuesday, I'm pretty sure we cooked whole hog at GTR's place too. :tsk:

Open invite dude - you are always welcome! We got room to put up you and yours and we'll get a piggy for y'all. :thumb:

Great post Greg! Man I wish i lived closer. Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast in the coming weeks.

• Thanks
Thanks man! Looking forward to seeing you (and some Brethren) on Tuesday! :whoo:

I'm even passing up the Kogi truck to go there! :shocked: Seriously - I never pass up the Kogi truck, but this is something special. It's is a very cool thing you're doing on many levels. I plan on hitting this every week while it lasts. :whoo: :whoo:

Man. Now I'd REALLY like to meet this guy after seeing his post.

• Thanks
Dang Greg! You get to go to all the Cool places. Great post!

I just can't get over the size of those ribs. They sure look mighty fine.

• Thanks
Alrighty - I'll be there at 11:30 tomorrow (Tuesday). Silverfinger, you still coming? Anybody else in?

Not sure what he'll be cooking and I don't really care - I'm gonna eat it! :hungry:

I'll say it again - dude is doing this 3 days a week until 9/5. Anybody with any interest in BBQ and outdoor cooking should check this out. It's a rare opportunity and a very good thing.

Alrighty - I'll be there at 11:30 tomorrow (Tuesday). Silverfinger, you still coming? Anybody else in?

Not sure what he'll be cooking and I don't really care - I'm gonna eat it! :hungry:

I'll say it again - dude is doing this 3 days a week until 9/5. Anybody with any interest in BBQ and outdoor cooking should check this out. It's a rare opportunity and a very good thing.

Im in!
Whats the address?

• Thanks
From his website:

6834 Hollywood Blvd., enter from the alley
Hollywood, CA 90028

If you're driving (I'm taking the rail from Universal City) park in the parking structure at Hollywood and Orange (I think it's $4). The parking structure is right exactly next to where APL is cooking/serving. It's a couple blocks west of Highland, across Hollywood Blvd. from Mann's Chinese Theater. Remember it's summer in Hollywood - traffic can be nasty but the scenery is nice!

Back