Adam Perry Lang's recipe - Hot Wings (Serious Pron)

It's 8:30 a.m. and I just found out that I'm starving! This is the second thread I've seen this morning that has came from his book, guess it is on the to get list now.

How is the heat factor...I love heat but the family not so keen on it. They look amazing!!

Looks great! Gonna have to try that.

I too would like to know how hot they are. My family can't handle too much heat either :rolleyes:

They did have a little kick, but were perfect for my taste. My wife said they were a little hot, but delicious.

You can adjust the heat with the amount of cayenne you put in the rub, or you can make some without cayenne (for the wife and kids), and some with cayenne (for you). With all the flavors going on in this recipe, they'll be delicious either way!

This looks similar to a method I use for smoked wings. The only difference is I put the roasting pan in the smoker uncovered for about 20-30 minutes and then I cover for 20-30 minutes. I go at about 275-300F for this. They get a nice smoky flavor that way.

I ramp the temps up to 350F when I put the wings on the grate to crisp up the skin.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I think I have that book, but I'm too lazy to go downstairs and look. Going to give that one a shot, looks incredible. :eusa_clap

Thank You Mister Bob! I found your Langs hot wings post and gave the recipe a try tonight. It turned out great! Its now a favorite.
photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

CHEERS

Great looking wings, Serious BBQ is my favorite cooking/BBQ book. The layers of flavor in every recipe are fantastic.

I love makin those APL wings, my favorite these days. If you save some of the sauce before you start basting I take that reserved sauce and pour over top after they come off the grill. Awesome.

Nice! APL is one of my fav cooks. He was very approachable at Daisy May's in the City when he was there.

Thanks for the pics! Those look Great! Like an aritsit with all their paint on a pallet - I love the way the dry spices look in a bowl beofre they blended together :thumb:

Back