How could I add a warmer box?

markgable

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I just bought my first trailer smoker, it's old and funny looking but the old guy I bought it from says it's a gem...we'll see!
I'd like to add a warmer box, and seal the lids (they leak a bit) any ideas as to how I might add a box on this configuration?

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I might improve what I've got here!
Great forum, and thanks for all the info!!

BTW...the smoker is much smaller than it looks in the pictures. The meat chamber is 20"x48" and the fire box is 16"x36" lined with one inch fire brick.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 96
I have that design it works well.. runs about 75 degrees less than the main chamber

your best bet at sealing her up is going to be RTV high temp silicone gasket and Woodstove gasket.. put it on my offset and it seals up tight now..

I have a warmer/oven that is attached directly on top of the firebox of my pit. I have pinwheel dampers on it that allow me to adjust the temps in there pretty easily and the versatility that the warmer gives my pit is amazing. I can keep things warm or even cook in there at the same time as I am smoking in the main chamber. Here's a video from the builder that made mine to give you some ideas for a design. Good luck!:grin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGhSn4UkQ_k

Back