• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

$20 Kettle 22 1/2" ProN

DanPop

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Finally got a deal on craigslist. Need some cleaning, needs some sort of ash catcher, new grates, fix the wheel, and maybe new paint job, but for $20 I'm happy.

Attachments

• DSCN0744.jpg
    DSCN0744.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN0745.jpg
    DSCN0745.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN0746.jpg
    DSCN0746.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN0747.jpg
    DSCN0747.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN0748.jpg
    DSCN0748.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 166
Doode!! That's not even date stamped so I believe it was built prior to 1980 or so. That's a classic Bar B. My dad inherited my Grandad's "A" kettle. Gotta love those old kettles. Good to see her going to a good new home where she will be loved and put to good use instead of rusting in peace somewhere.

Maybe, a new meat grate, some cleaning and a little touch up paint on the rusty areas, but I'd leave that original look of the porcelain. But that's just me.

CONGRATS!!

Actually the grate looks to be in grate shape (pun intended). Just hit it with a weedburner or give it the oven cleaner/garbage bag treatment.

That is one vintage Weber, way cool. A liitle TLC and it will live togrill again. Congrats

Nice score! How long do you cook those wheels for and on what temp?

Lucky lucky that's a nice score! I find using Greased Lightning works good for cleaning my kettle. Don't forget to post the first pron from it!

sweet. you treat it well and it will treat you well for a lifetime !

That ol' gal is beautiful....She will clean up and be even more so!

The top grate really isn't that bad. I just need to find an ash catcher and then I'll fire her up. There was a Weber store just a couple of miles from my house but it closed last year so I need to find a decent source. Thanks, all!

The top grate really isn't that bad.

In my eyes that grate looks new!:cool:

Mine were all rusted up...cleaned them a bit,seasoned them and now I have many years of cooking pleasure!:-D

If I were you I would scrape the inside of the kettle clean,wirebrush the cooking grate,oil up the vents,get the kettle to stand proper on 3 feet,season the cooking grate and cook on it.

*advice from a Rookie*

Back